5 hours ago, Bingo said:

The battery does have a small obscure led that does indeed light up!

When you realised this, did you say..."Bingo!!"  ?

Welcome to the forum and hope you get lots of enjoyment out of your Monster.   Plenty of good reading to wade through and you will be hard pressed to get a better audience to answer any questions you may have.  

Enjoy  ?

• Like 1

Thanks Northeast, no, didn't yell BINGO, more like, 'you stupid bu--er' LOL. Getting a GPX5000 as well (both second hand) so we'll have a couple of different types to play around with, haven't been out in the triangle yet but hope to start the fun next month and yes, I've a lot to learn.

• Like 1

Welcome, Bingo!  Don't feel bad about not seeing the LED.  I don't have a GM1000 but have trouble seeing blue LED's in particular, myself.  The tiny LED's on the WM80 headphones of the Minelab Equinox give me fits even when red.  I guess the manufacturer didn't realize we'd often be out in the bright sun??

Thanks for your welcome guys. I get a little mad at myself for missing the bleeding obvious...But I soon forget it...until the next time! LOL. Just a quick question, are you allowed to camp on the Victorian goldfields for a couple of nights? Or do you know of any free camps nearby? We have a little self contained caravan, it would certainly help keep costs down if it's possible.

Cheers,

BINGO

Different areas have different rules. 

If you check online on Earth Resources (where you get your miners right) it will provide a display of State and National Parks you can detect in and the Prospecting Maps of those parks. The web links to those parks will also provide details on designated areas where you can camp, fire guidelines, any fees payable, etc. It is important we all ‘play by the rules’ as every misdemeanor is another reason to lock prospectors out of these areas. 

State Forests are different again and the rules are much more relaxed. In general you can camp and detect anywhere. Normal camp fire rules apply regards having a 3 metre clear area, making sure it is out, etc. 

Historic areas, conservation reserves, etc are all a bit different again and some you can detect and some you can’t. Best to research each one individually. 

Hope that helps. 

Didn't realize you were from Aus. Good to have another comrade on here  ?

The 5000 will be pretty helpful in the GT too. 

Cheers Northeast, Thanks for your information. 100% agree about playing by the rules, there are some guys who ruin it for everyone. Would like a dollar for every bag of rubbish that we've cleaned up after grots. I'll check out the sites mentioned.

Cheers,

BINGO.

• Like 1