Sign in to follow this  
Mike Hillis

A New Ring To Look At.....

Wow, Mike, awesome ring.  I'm sure you found it in a high traffic area.  The F75 LTD is a goo machine too.

You don't have an acid test kit? From what I ran into platinum runs higher on vid than white gold. White gold should be really close to 14k.

I like the ring holder, I use similar ones for potato chip bags 🙂

That is a good looking ring, Indeed!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By NCtoad
      There's a small stream not too far from where I live that has a smooth rock bed that you can slide down.  So, the other day I took my kids there and I also took my nox.  In fairly shallow (18"), but swift water my third target rang up a solid 12.  I was in park 1.  Got a 2.2 gram 14k ring.  I don't have a scoop yet but I did just order one.

• By rod-pa
      if anyone has ideas, i would appreciate your knowledge or guesses.  I am pretty sure it isnt plated, but it doesnt ID like a sterling ring would on my detector.

Thanks for your help

• By Againstmywill
      I pulled the trigger on the 15" coil (and 6") and needed to make sure all was OK with it. So, out to the football field again for 2 hours. After hoovering about $3-$4 in change(one hole had 4 quarters and a large chunk of aluminum foil that was really jumpy in the numbers), I headed to the area where my silver chain was found. There was a strong and long signal which showed up as a 9. About 5 inches down came the start of this day's highlight. I had to dig more as it was stretched out underground. Not quite as heavy as the last one, but it was enjoyable seeing another silver chain come back to life. Again, I was using Park 1, ground balanced, 7 recovery, and 20 sensitivity. The coil sure covers ground, and it actually does a good job of picking through the clutter. 

• By Mike Hillis
      First rings with the Gold Kruzer.
      The anchor ring is rose colored 925 silver.
      The white ring is costume but the stone looks to be real.  It is very pretty.   The camera just doesn't do it justice.  Everyone I show it to tries to keep it.  HA.
      A fun couple of hours. 
      HH
      Mike

• By Mike Hillis
      Was out scouting a new site Sunday morning and found this little gem....10K with about 12 diamond chips.   
      Only got to spend about 40 minutes there before the people ran me off (read : when people show up I leave).  I have a feeling this is going to be a good site.  I'll have to get there earlier next time out.
      Again....F75LTD DST, default settings, 1N tone, solid 24 TID.
      HH
      Mike

• By The Seeker
      I did a short beach hunt at one of my favorite spots and pulled the silver ring under a big pile of rocks.  I couldn’t find anything else in the wet sand so I move to the dry sand and my first target was this little gold.  This is by far my smallest piece of gold. Good luck out there.