First Gold With My New Nokta Fors Gold

Well as most of y'all know I bought new Nokta Fors Gold alittle over a week ago... The more I use this machine the more I'm impressed with it... Well after about 40 hrs on this machine I finally found a piece of gold with it... I was using the little sniper coil and after 2 hrs of finding every lead shot weight and fish hook in the bedrock along the bank of the Trinity river I was about to call the lunch bell when I got a hit that sounded similar to the lead but had a slight high pitched crackle sound (hard to explain) the target i.d. was 44 on the first swipe then 45 on the second...needless to say my pick went into action and went to town on the bedrock and after 8-10 swings of the pick I moved enough bedrock to wear I was actually able to see it wedged in there...
Yup this dude was happy as a puppy born with 2 lil peters...lol lol lol
I was impressed that this machine with only 15khz was able to hit on a piece so small..

post-552-0-32206300-1432517902_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Congrats on your find!

I really like everything I have heard about that detector. Almost pulled the trigger on one myself. Great job!

I was this weekend...that was at Douglas City campground... Good sniping there too.. Last yr I pulled over a 1/2 oz sniping in 3 weeks.. The water is up real high now cause they opened the damn so I don't get in the river cause u can't see anything... Kicker is I only live down the road from it...I'm surrounded by the trinity river... Steiner Flats the gpaa campground is down from it and its a free campground but gets full of tweakers this time of the yr...