The New Coils For The 23 And 7

I have owned a GPZ for a few years and, like most of us, I love it. However: based on Minelabs own statements, I have always expected that a smaller coil was going to be released. For the kind of initial investment we were asked to pay, Minelab should follow through on the statements they made, it's as simple as that. If we can not count on them to do what they stated in their initial advertising then what kind of business are we supporting? There is absolutely no excuse for no follow-through and nothing but silence to our queries. We are a loyal and vital customer base, we deserve better.

• Like 4

Flakmagnet, you`ve just said it, concisely. MLs done naught but X coil has come up with the goods, whilst I haven`t used the small coil yet, if the small coils are on par with the 15"X coil our wait is over, it sucks that we must cut and make a patch lead to do this, but ML just hasn`t the capability to make coils as it seems the aftermarket coil makers have or they have no interest in doing so or whatever scenario one can come up with to excuse them or etc etc. Buh who cares, the wait is over we can now go aftermarket.  

• Like 2

But here is the thing. Why should I have to void my warranty in order to get a coil that was a part of the reason Minelab gave for investing in this hugely expensive detector? The onus should not be on the customer. 

It may be advantageous for Minelab to release a large coil as was pointed out earlier, but the terrain where I tend to work requires a coil that will get into the tighter spots. The stock coil is fantastic but it’s simply too big to work well in these rocky areas. Surely that is not difficult to understand and then simply not to address the issue in any way when they are asked.

• Like 1

I agree totally, why should the customer void their warranty to get what was promised? There has been no satisfactory answers that I`m aware of that addresses this, well not to my liking. Another scenario is that ML have moved on and have another super gold detector that is already being field tested, a rumour that is simply pie in the sky stuff until they are available.