Minelab Customer Service - No Joke

Guest Tnsharpshooter

Yes, reports on forums seem to reflect Minelab has really gotten their act together.  Kudos to them.  Keep it up Minelab.  Customers and future customers really find this attractive.

Minelab for sure has great customer service.  I can attest to that.  Last week I sent my Zed in because the GPS didn’t work.  They received Monday and I got a call yesterday saying it was fixed PLUS replaced my faceplate since it was scratched up.  How cool was that!  I have called in the past because I lost parts to my harness and they just sent me new ones at no charge, due to my own fault!  When you call the Minelab office the ladies are great there, they first try to trouble shoot, but not much, they know we mostly know our machines, then give you the repair number to send to the center.  Only downside is you have to pack and ship on your dime, small price I’d say to pay, and they ship back on their dime.  Just keep in mind they use your box and packing, so pack it good ?. I’m a minelabber for life first based on great detectors, second from this fantastic customer service.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well thats good to hear...couple years ago it took them about 3 months to get my CTX back to me. Probably would have taken six months if I had not complained to you and then you called them (kelyco) and got the ball rolling. I got a call the next day from the dude fixing it. Before that I had left at least 4 messages without a return phone call...This is another good reason to buy from a reputable dealer who buys lots of their machines. 

strick

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Equinox sent in on a Friday,  received on Monday, phone call Monday afternoon to me from the repair center saying it was in the mail for return. Received on Thursday, less than a week turnaround. Kudos to the repair facility!

Cliff

• Like 1

So they fire Thomas Bozek that gave a hard time over a lousy pin pointer? The replacement is flaky and I need to turn it off then restart it often or it just keeps sounding off even on minimal setting. About ready to RMA it again.

• Confused 2

• 2 weeks later...

In Europe customer service was alway excellent.

They did close the Irish repair centre a couple years ago and put it out to agents in different countries.

The one I have used again is excellent.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had to return my less than a month old GM1000, it was rebooting every few minutes without user input.  I contacted Minelab via email and had a response that day.  Over the next few days we went through some troubleshooting steps, when those suggestions did not help I was told to ship my detector to them and a shipping label was provided.  Due to the detector being less than 30 days old they did a replacement rather than making me wait for repair.  I had heard the stories of how bad Minelabs customer service used to be but it does appear they have made significant improvements!

• Like 1

A few years ago I had a major software download problem issue with my GPZ. Phil Beck handled the situation quickly and efficiently with thoughtfulness and concern for the customer experience. He is a pro and a good guy. 

• Like 1