First Hunt with Minelab GoFind 60

Finally got a chance to give my new Minelab GoFind60 a go at a local park.  Got it a few weeks ago from KellyCo but too much rain lately to try it out.  Went to a local Park for two hours and found a few dozen clad coins but no jewelry.  Seemed to be dead on with the coins including the graphic read out and tones.  Can't tell much about depth as I only use a probe in "manicured" grassy areas so most of my finds were only an inch or two down.  Love how it folds up compactly like a Swiss Army Knife.  Main reason I bought it was it will fit easily into a suitcase for my travels in the plane.  

What I find really intriguing with this detector is the interface with the phone app.

The screen only displays a few icons displaying the possible identity of the found item. However, the phone app can use custom target dictionaries to vastly expand the possible target id. For instance, you can have a U.S. coin dictionary, or a Canadian coin dictionary. The target information is passed to the phone app, and then depending on the dictionary loaded the item identified.

Better yet, the app is a custom operating system that can be upgraded by Minelab at any time. Lots of people out there have totally overlooked this aspect of the machine. Very cool. Where we are headed is DEUS type detectors but you will only buy the detector itself without a control box. The coils can be wired or not but the key is the display, audio and control system will be totally through a phone app. Right now the main limitation is that most phones communicate with accessories via Bluetooth and the lag inherent in that system, but I believe as phone manufacturers key into realtime control of external items via a phone the lag will be eliminated.

Good luck with your new GoFind! And thanks for the post!!

post-1-0-35793900-1432559767_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Good to see Minelab taking up along the Deus way, believe it may be the future way to go. Software detectors, why not? there have been software all band radio receivers for many years. Judging by how difficult one is to obtain in OZ, think demand has outstripped supply, looking very good for Minelab.

A little bit of an anti-climax to my new Go-Find 60.

Great All Metal VCO, great design, glitch in the display.

It's off to Go-Find the dealer again :-)

It's not a Deus, but knowing how Minelab does things. We're in for a ride :-)

Chuck asked.....

Hey Steve H.

Have you had your hands on any of the Go Find detectors? I always like reading on what you have to say on a detector. I know what's said be it good are bad I know it's true. Thanks for your time you take on doing it.

Chuck

Hi Chuck,

I got to play with one. The Go Find is direct competition for the Garrett Ace 150, 250, and 350. If moderately performing entry level detectors are your thing than the Go Find, Ace detectors, the new Fisher F11, F22, and F44 plus the new White's Treasuremasters are all good options. Not what I am looking for myself however.

I've got the Go Find 60 on order from Az. Outback. I don't think it's a video left that I haven't seen on the Go Find. At one time if we got a new detector you really didn't know much about it before hand. Time has changed as man goes beyond of being blind on his purchase anymore.

I thank you ahead of time on what you may post. Any info we can get helps us all.I'll do the same and this will make us all a Pro with the Go Find.

Chuck Anders

Hey Steve

Thanks for your reply. I have other detectors that will punch a hole in the ground a lot deeper that the Go Find. I have other reasons for wanting it. I hate to say this but age is starting to kick in and less weight will help.

Thank you for your reply again Steve.

Chuck Anders