Detech Coils For Minelab Sd, Gp, And GPX

Anybody tried these and have any comment? There is quite the selection available now:

Closed 6" round mono

Closed 8" round mono

Closed 11" round mono

Closed 6" x 11" mono

Closed 8" x 15" mono

Open 10" x 15" mono

Closed 12.5" round mono

Closed 12" x 15" mono

Open 12" x 18" mono

Closed 16.5" round mono

Open 18" round mono

Closed 18" round mono

Closed 8" round DD

Closed 12.5" round DD

Closed 8" x 15" DD

Open 18" round DD

Closed 18" round DD

Open 12" x 15" SEF (Butterfly) DD

Open 15" x 18" SEF (Butterfly) DD

Open 17" x 21" SEF (Butterfly) DD

More information at http://www.detech-metaldetectorsaustralia.com.au (Australia) and http://creekmetaldetectorsales.com/Metal-Detector-Sales.php?area=Detech (U.S.)

detech-coils-for-minelab-sd-gp-gpx.jpg

Hi Steve

I run the 18in SEF DD as my standard coil for treasure hunting in Europe on my GPX4800.

Its a good stable coil that punches deeper than a standard dd, perfect for anything from a single small hammered coin up to large deep items or a cache.

Its been flogged and never developed any touch sensitivity.

Detech is based in Bulgaria so its probably better to buy direct than import from Aus.

The sef were also my go to coils when I used the etrack. 

A mate runs a few of the mono's on the 5k and swears by them.  

Good to hear of your positive experience Dale. I have a couple DeTech coils but never used one on my Minelabs. We can certainly use some price competition in accessory coils for the Minelab PI detectors so the more the merrier. We do not hear too much about these because so many dealers are already heavily invested in Nugget Finder or Coiltek.

I tried out a DD on the 5000. No complaints and from me that is rare. I didn't take the time to do an honest comparison performance wise.

I had a series of Minelab DD failures and the next time one fails I certainly will consider a Detech. I believe Chris Porter is a dealer.

Hi,

I am the distributor for Detech Gold coils in the US and I thank Steve for opening this thread.

If you are interested in learning more about these quality, innovative coils please view the web sites that Steve listed. We now have a supply of these coils for direct shipment here in the US. Chip at the Miners Cache in Redding CA carries them in his store.

The coils are fully waterproof, shock resistant, extremely sensitive and carry a two year warranty along with FREE Shipping. They have been extensively tested in the harshest Out Back conditions and have developed a following in Australia and now in the US.

Please view my website Creek Metal Detector Sales for more info or call me direct at 724 446 9433

Thanks,

Rege

Out Back Tested, Out Back Tuff, Get on the gold with Detech

• Like 2

Hi I'm the distributor for Detech in Australia.

We have been having great success with the Detech range of coils.

Australian prospectors have been keen to purchase these competitively priced coils.

And have most certainly given us positive feed back on the build quality and performance.

The range of coils have been extensively tested in the Australian gold fields, all new coils are tested here before we release them.

Most of the feed back is on how sensitive the coils are and how they go about there job so quietly .

These are robust coils 100 percent waterproof and very resistant to bump or touch sensitivity

We've had great customer feed back

The Detech range is still evolving

Hope this helps

Stinky Pete Australia

Detech-metaldetectorsaustralia.com.au

Welcome to the forum Stinky Pete and hello again Rege, thanks for chiming in on the thread. Nice for anyone that has any questions to have some contacts.

In case anyone is wondering I am not promoting any particular brand of coils. I am just trying to give some less discussed brands some exposure because many people are not aware of them.

• Like 1

I use the 10x15 Mono E and it's my favorite  coil, I have the Coilteks and Nuggetfinder coils and I have found that Detech coils are super sensitive and no noise when bumped on rocks and bushes. I find all the others fail in that region, its up to par as far as dept and sensitivity but Detech has a profound edge over all the others in the bump test. How many times do you take your coil under bushes and brush reaching as far as you can under them and all you hear is signals from the coil being bumped? With Detech coils i don't experience that, if I hear a signal I know its a target. Tried out the 8 " round and that's the next coil I want to purchase . 

Whites Detectors is now offering the Detech Ultimate 13 inch coil on their high end vlf machines, V3i and VX3 at no charge and are also available at an up charge of $79.95 on new MXT All Pros and MXTs.

The coil can also be purchased for $179.95 to previous buyers of these machines.

Good to hear of your positive experience Dale. I have a couple DeTech coils but never used one on my Minelabs. We can certainly use some price competition in accessory coils for the Minelab PI detectors so the more the merrier. We do not hear too much about these because so many dealers are already heavily invested in Nugget Finder or Coiltek.

Its a pity they never made a 14in mono coil for the GPX, I'd have bought one straight away as the 14in is the best all round coil for the 5k.

• Like 3