Detech Coils For Minelab Sd, Gp, And GPX

I used the 15 x 8 last summer on my 3500 and really liked it--it was heavy enough to hold down the grass and i could NOT get it to false when i hit a rock with it--i absolutely tried to make it false until i was afraid i was going to crack the case.

No dog in the hunt....just what i experienced and give credit where credit is due.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Nice video by Nenad (Phase Tech) testing the New Detech 11in Ultra Sensing Mono Coil.

I watched the prototype in Australia in June yank a nice 11 grammer out of some heavily detected ground in Victoria. Video also has some good GPX 5000 settings with this coil. Coils are now available, eager to give one a swing in Nevada and Calif soon.

This is a question for Detech . What i'd like to know if you can make so many coils for other detectors is it possible to make more for the MX Sport.? I see White's sales a 7 inch DD coil from you. I have their 6 x 10 DD coil and I see no reason to buy another DD about the same size.

I don't know why detector companies can't get it straight in their head that smaller coils have a place. Just like right now I have to mod a 6 inch coil to get what I need to hunt a high trash area.

Now days just about every detector company has a big coil when they put it on sale. When White's put out the 66 TR Goldmaster it came with two coil a small and large one. I'm willing to put out the money for one but you got to make it for me to buy it.

Us coin hunters have been around a long time before you gold hunters was a gleam in us coin hunters eye.

Chuck

PS Even my Eagle 2 came with a big coil but White's did have a small coil and I put money down for it right away.

Detech can make any coil for any machine. Whites has contracted Detech to make the new MX Sport coil. Whites determines what sizes and configurations they want Detech to produce.

The other coils Detech produces are based on popularity, their has to be a demand for it.

Rege-PA

I thank you for a quick reply and I understand what White's contracted Detech to make for them. You use the word popularity but sometimes one cannot be sure what that is until one is made.

Thank you again for reading what I posted. Maybe one day Detech or another coil maker will hear me.

The Best to You

Chuck 

Rege-PA

I need a 6 inch mono coil for my MX Sport. When I hunt for coins in a high trash area I like to use a coil no bigger than 5 to 6 inch. You already make a 6 inch mono for a lot of PI's. So you have the shell of the coil I need and I now have the pigtail if you can make up the wiring inside.

Thanks for asking

Chuck

PS I'm sure I'll be about the only one here that coin hunt more than nugget hunt..Ones light don't shine too bright when standing alone. Thanks again !

Great question Kiwi, 

Nenad Lonic made a video that put Nuggetfinder, Coilteck and one of the Detech coils to a test...would love to see a test with the new 11" Detech coil and the 12" NF evo coil on small sub gram nuggets.