Detech Coils For Minelab Sd, Gp, And GPX

14" is that sweet size, the allrounder, I don`t think it was just a coincidence the GPZ came with a 14", Minelab knows.

• Like 1

Its a pity they never made a 14in mono coil for the GPX, I'd have bought one straight away as the 14in is the best all round coil for the 5k.

I was thinking the very same last night, even better they made one for the tdi. I have being looking for a 14" for my tdi but by the time you get one shipped from the US to Europe and put customs duties on top they are just to pricey.

I was thinking the very same last night, even better they made one for the tdi. I have being looking for a 14" for my tdi but by the time you get one shipped from the US to Europe and put customs duties on top they are just to pricey.

The best all-round oil for the tdi would be a smaller one like 11in mono as it is not as sensitive to small gold nuggets as a gpx5000.

All detectors have different coils that are best in all-round performance you need to learn about your machine.

If you are using it for treasure in europe I would consider a larger coil like the 18 x 15in sef.

A larger dd coil on a pulse induction detector is deadly on hammered coins and large deep items in europe.

14" is that sweet size, the allrounder, I don`t think it was just a coincidence the GPZ came with a 14", Minelab knows.

I've been hammering any minelab guys that I meet for years with that info and 100's of other suggestions that I have to improve their detectors.

Ya never know, I'm planting seeds at every opportunity I get.

• Like 1

The best all-round oil for the tdi would be a smaller one like 11in mono as it is not as sensitive to small gold nuggets as a gpx5000.

All detectors have different coils that are best in all-round performance you need to learn about your machine.

If you are using it for treasure in europe I would consider a larger coil like the 18 x 15in sef.

A larger dd coil on a pulse induction detector is deadly on hammered coins and large deep items in europe.

No I would intend using it on wet sand beaches for gold rings, so what would you recommend?

I've been hammering any minelab guys that I meet for years with that info and 100's of other suggestions that I have to improve their detectors.

Ya never know, I'm planting seeds at every opportunity I get.

I think in the GPZ at least, you can see that they listen to input from users, and JP in particular apparently. I guess they have a lot of filtering input from OZ forums. Hopefully my input in making the GPS on the GPZ and CTX more functional and not relying on mapping internet.

Dale, I know you have stated you would never use the GPS on your GPZ or CTX, but would you consider using it if you had Oziexplorer on it rather than have to go through the internet to google earth?

I use them here in California and have done very well with the Detech coils in fact I use them most of the time. There is nothing wrong with them, and they perform as well if not better in some ways that Nuggetfinder and Coiltek.

The only reports I have seen in the last couple of years in Australia on actual goldfields use is all very positive. They seem to be right up there with Minelab, NF & Coiltek + many here consider them as more stable, less prone to bump falsing etc.

I've only used NF or Coiltek aftermarket coils before but the reports/results here in Australia definitely have me looking at Detech as another option for my next coil. I agree with Goldhound - if they had a 14" mono it would be on its way to me now.

• Like 1

I know a lot of people in Australia were very cautious of them but they appear to be proving themselves here & now have a good following. Good reports on Stinky Pete (the Aussie dealer) too!

I have sent an enquiry to the Aussie Miner John dealer on the 14" mono round. They too are getting some great results/reports around the traps & another that I will definitely keep in mind.

Whatever I do get I will test in the field. Personally I have little faith in air tests & prefer in situ testing. I'll soon know if it's/they're any good.

Edit: Got word back from Brian the Aussie dealer for Miner John coils. "At this stage there is no 14 inch round coil for the Minelab machines. The closest size would be the 14 x 9 Razorback coil built for the minelab." Bugger - was hoping they'd have the round.

• Like 1