New XP Charging Clip

• The title was changed to New XP Charging Clip

Good to see that XP are continually revising products based off customer feedback, I think this is the second design revision from the original charging clip so far.  Probably the biggest pain was the tight fitment to the newer HF coils, and that often led to broken clips when trying to squeeze them over what seemed to be a wider skid plate.  

Another factor was the sheer amount of third party sources that were supplying stronger computer printed charging clips, good incentive for XP to re-engineer the clip.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I believe I got one with my new ORX. Seems like a stronger plastic was used. Less flexible. Otherwise seems the exact same as the one I got wth my older deus. Think I actually like the older one better. It flexes better and is easier to put on. To bad they don't make a connector that would work on the new style batteries. One that plugs into the battery directly itself. Then you would be able to charge your extra batteries without actually plugging it into a coil. That would be handy.

Thanks Chase didn't know that. Haven't had my hands on a x35 coil yet. Wonder why they changed back? Well at least can use them with the little block now to center the shaft.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the tip Chase, cool site he has. His prices are pretty fair actually since the printing seems to be on an fdm (MakerBot) type printer which tend to be fairly slow. Those printers make very durable parts. Alternatively an SLS might be better and quicker but come with a heavier price tag so the part price is probably much more. I personally use an SLA (resin based printer) but the parts are more suitable for masters that I use for mold making as they are not that durable for any extended use.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

The after market charge clips are fine, but I greatly improved mine ( which being new is likely the new xp  design) by using zip ties to fasten the jaws of a small pair of pliers to the clip handles and then wrapped electrical tape around it. The leverage afforded by the plier makes attaching the clip very simple. I too struggled with my clip and came up with this simple fix. 

• Like 1