A Teaser ... Found In Australia

10 hours ago, Norvic said:

If you don`t get that 2kg nugget MN, your going to be real pissed off coz some time in the future someone will, right near where you go, tis the rule here in OZ that someone finds a beauty just near where one was detecting previously.

So Norvic, I just have to go to the hundreds and thousands of places in the GT where 'nice' nuggets have been found and I'll get one too ... if someone else didn't beat me to it!  haha  I wonder if I was up hunting in your area weather you would point me on the gold or away from it.  hehe  Paul still wonders that to this day.

The 'luck' will be in choosing the right big/nice nugget to see where one still has a few partners.  

I was looking at Doug Stone's book last night and he was organizing and detecting with big groups and clubs in the GT in the 80s and 90s so let's add another 20 years of detecting and innovation in detectors on top of that and I'll be happy to get JW sized nuggets!  ? 

God forbid that I have to go as small as Phrunt nuggets to break my extended skunk over here.

• Oh my! 1

MN, I have no idea what you`ve got to do or where you`ve got to go to get a nugget, I just know if you get a beauty that is very good. I don`t know what you mean by Paul wonders still whether I pointed him in the right direction he was with me when I dug up a specimen with 6 ounces in it. It doesn`t get much better then that, in fact that was extremely fortunate, considering where it come from has had the blazes flogged out of it over the last 30 years. Paul went back there on his own for awhile, I don`t know how he went but I spent a few weeks there again a few weeks after and got many ounces with the 19"coil, I`ll be going back again this year with the X coil on the Z because I believe it will come up with more. Like I said it doesn`t get much better then that, well as far as my experiences go.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, kiwijw said:

Mitchel said 2 grams....not 2 kilo.:laugh: I would be happy with 2 grams as well. :rolleyes: But 2 kilo.....I think I would faint or have a seizure.:ohmy:

Best of luck out there

JW ?

Yeah I know, but tis my tongue in cheek answer, forgive my crazy sense of humour.?

1 hour ago, Norvic said:

Yeah I know, but tis my tongue in cheek answer, forgive my crazy sense of humour.?

I was trying that also about the Kiwi gold size!  ?  (Not the skill of the operators!)

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, fredmason said:

Norvic;

I am sure that Mitchel is just stirring Paul's pot a little....

btw; Mitchel that is whether not weather...since you love being my grammar teacher...

doing my own stirring

fred

Good catch Fred.

The fingers stray away from the real words on occasion.  haha

I'm just trying to leave myself enough excuses just in case gold is even harder to find than I suspect!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, fredmason said:

Norvic;

I am sure that Mitchel is just stirring Paul's pot a little....

btw; Mitchel that is whether not weather...since you love being my grammar teacher...

doing my own stirring

fred

So he should, he deserves to have his pot stirred, Inferring I didn`t put him onto gold, I don`t think he got any there, was too embarrassed to admit it as it was laying around everywhere. ? Pot`ll be simmering now.

Nah tis easy to find, just laying around everywhere, pressures on MN I expect to hear about at least a kilo or two. Weather you get any or not, blaming the whether is not cricket...………..

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1

Clever old man, nothing slips by him.  Weather vs whether ... too clever ... do you have some Kiwi in you?

?

I just had a bath, sometimes our best thinking can be that time of day.  Since I seem to be on the subject of clever, I'm certain of one thing.  That thing is that Fred has a much more clever ear than I do.  He has proven it many times over.

I'm hoping with all of the good wishes that I have gotten, gentle settings and an SP01 I'll be able to hear my share of deep targets while I am there.  It is just about on me now.  Each day and every swing has potential.

Snarly and sarcastic words need not cross my lips to win the day.

• Like 3