Sign in to follow this  
Cal_Cobra

Return To The Western Frontier Stage Stop

Tom and I have detected this stage stop several times and were eager to return after our last trip there produced a rare $5 gold coin (tu)

GL&HH,
Cal

• Like 7

Another rare (140k mintage) coin for you.  Too bad about the condition but still an excellent find.  Thanks for recording the video.  Always glad to see/hear how a detector responds in the wild.

• Like 1

Nice one Cal!!! 

Congrats on the seated!!!

• Like 1

Great Video...it's fun watching other guys detecting styles...Tom likes to stab the ground with his Lesche like he's going after a steak. Glad you got the seated. Was this the trip from a couple weeks ago? 

strick

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Another rare (140k mintage) coin for you.  Too bad about the condition but still an excellent find.  Thanks for recording the video.  Always glad to see/hear how a detector responds in the wild.

Yep bummer on the condition, but still a thrill to dig. Thanks for taking a look!

7 hours ago, Noah (FL) said:

Nice one Cal!!! 

Congrats on the seated!!!

Thanks Noah!  Was happy to dig it :)

3 hours ago, strick said:

Great Video...it's fun watching other guys detecting styles...Tom likes to stab the ground with his Lesche like he's going after a steak. Glad you got the seated. Was this the trip from a couple weeks ago? 

strick

Thanks!  Yep from a few weeks ago.  He does have a stabbing routine,  I've watched him scratch a couple of nice coins (a semi-rare $10 gold piece) with his stabbing recovery method, but each to their own.  

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Kickindirt
      A friend and I spent a couple days swinging around a couple junk filled ghost towns. I am very familiar with the Xp deus. I had also brought with the new to me Xp ORX. I spent my time swinging both the deus/ORX with the 9 Hf, 9x5Hf and my LF 11x13 coils. I found some good stuff and was really able to put the new ORX to work. I kept the ORX equipped with the 9x5hf coil. Deus with 9Hf coil. Also have my 11x13 on a straight shaft to easily switch to that. These site have been hit hard over the last few years by me and a ton of other people and have seen 3 to 4 large group hunts. Heres a few pics

• By Dan(NM)
      Got out with the Equinox again to do a little civil War era hunting. I hunted a fort that was occupied from 1851 thru 1862. I dug a lot of trash but I managed to rescue a few keepers.

• By Busho
      Hi guys. Here's some finds made with the Eqx 8000 on monday. Was pretty happy with the outcome. One Chinese coin and the Broach was in some fairly hot ground under some rocks and mineralised clay from an old lead throw out heap. Around 8 or so inches roughly. I like the 800 but it really is screaming out for a 10 inch elliptical or similar. Some type of solid coil. 

• By Dan(NM)
      Had a great day hunting in West Texas  at a very target-rich environment. I was using the 800 equipped with the 6-inch coil, that's a deadly combination 🙂

• By Tnsharpshooter
      First outing with the bigger 15”x12” coil for Equinox.  At first today not as windy but as the day progressed super duper windy.  Hunting same site basically where the 3 silver bits/coins were found this past Friday.  I used the coil for aprox 2.5 hours.  Not a bad feel using this coil on Equinox.  A minesweeper for sure.  Only run in field 2 speed 5 iron bias 0.  Sens at 23 and detector was very stable.  I think it helps to have some Nox time under your belt land hunting using stock before one embarks using this monster coil.  Second target of the day about 2.5 minutes into actual detecting sweeping time another BINGO.  Another Spanish cut bit real small.  Even smaller than the one I found with Deus Hf elliptical coil some time ago about 500 yards from where I was today.  Buried undisturbed it read 14/15 on sweeps.  When plug was dug and inverted signal jumped to 20.  My friend Scott got target out of plug and sure enough another bit. 
      I apologize for the wind.  But figured these bits don’t come easy.  Had to show some video.
      On a side note.
      I changed to stock coil and the wind got real stiff. Like 30 plus and even higher gusts.  I couldn’t hear very well using my wi stream module and Walkman style headphones.  Remember now I have quite a few hours of hunting using Wi stream in this site.  So I turned on the Bluetooth and proceeded.  I instantly could tell/hear the delay.  After 10 minutes they went back in the truck and I again put wi stream setup back on and kept going.
      Not all finds shown in this short video today.
      Will post a few pics.
      Also I talk iin this video.  The detector used to try and see if it can hear the bit before dug was actually a Kruzer 14 detector with 11” dd coil of off my Anfibio multi.  I said in video in one spot  it was a Anfibio multi.  Not true.
      This big Coil seems can strike small targets.
      Here is pic of Spanish bit.  Quite a bit thinner than US clad dime.  Clad dime in pic for scale.  Likely this bit off of a 1700s era coin.

• By Tnsharpshooter
      Took the ole Nox 800 for a spin back in same site I have been hunting for the least week or so.  Only ran the Wi stream module with the Walkman style headphones.  Field 2 speed 5 all used to detect.
      I surprised myself big time.
      Pulled a for sure 2 silvers, one a cut reale, the other a whole coin Spanish, and I think I actually dug a hammered silver if you can beleive that.  All 3 dug about 15 feet in a triangle from one another.
      Not all finds videoded.
      The first cut Spanish bit I thought I videoed but file got corrupted somehow.  Did turn camera back on though and showed the first.
      The rest of the Spanish shown in the video.
      Nox rocks,  I have spent loads of time where these silvers came from.  And never did dig one in the past here.  With any detector.  Granted I dug a fake bit a few days ago down the hills somewhat from where I was today.  But this bit thicker as it come from fake Spanish dollar I think.
      The bits and coins today extremely thin.
      Loving the Nox with the Wi stream module.
      Enjoy the video.
      Will post a few pics.
      I tried to alter lighting so some detail could be seen on these when using iPad to take pics.
      The bit chopped in half 1778.
      The coin is 1767.
      Look closely at the coin I think younsee see some lettering and numbering. Coin is worn badly.