The Longer I Use The 7000 The More I Like It

On ya, myself I migrated from the 5000 to the Z with very few concerns, but tis a magic MD no doubt, don`t get me wrong the 5000 was brilliant too but the Zs is another notch up for me. Like you I found low target volumes the go, you can crank the rest no trouble if the ground allows but not that target volume. I suspect it is the Zs Target Volume settings that have turned some back to the PIs. Early on JP recommended to keep it 8 and lower, so I took his advice, he`s on the money.

Have got it running so well now I`ve almost gone away from difficult and using normal most the time, dig a few more false signals plus it makes most of those deeper larger nuggets come across as positive rather then negative. ie. negative is null over signal, signal each side.

Do you use a booster? 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Norvic said:

Do you use a booster? 

No mate, I run twin shoulder mounted WM12`s, I`m running a volume limit of 4, I let the background static dictate the gain, this bit yesterday the gain was 7 and I`m now running a target volume of 2 and I have threshold set so I can just barely here it. cheers Dave

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phoenix said:

No mate, I run twin shoulder mounted WM12`s, I`m running a volume limit of 4, I let the background static dictate the gain, this bit yesterday the gain was 7 and I`m now running a target volume of 2 and I have threshold set so I can just barely here it. cheers Dave

Ah ha, twin WM12s must give that a go, be fairly failsafe to have 2 WM12s too

• Like 2

Yeh the very first time I used a WM12 I decided I wanted to run 2 and I was horrified when I discovered recommended retail was $375, but about 2 years ago I found a new one on ebay for $308 so I grabbed that one.  If one of my WM12`s were to fail now I would replace it without question.

1 hour ago, vanursepaul said:

All the gold is up in Queensland.. that's the go mate...

The boards considering transporting The Outback Yank to Tasmania permanently...……... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Oh my! 1