The Longer I Use The 7000 The More I Like It

Phoenix -  SSSSHHHHHHH, what are you doing?!?   Stop telling people that the GPZ is good.  More gold for us.  LOL.

(kidding of course-there's still plenty to go around)

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 2:15 PM, phoenix said:

No mate, I run twin shoulder mounted WM12`s, I`m running a volume limit of 4, I let the background static dictate the gain, this bit yesterday the gain was 7 and I`m now running a target volume of 2 and I have threshold set so I can just barely here it. cheers Dave

Controlling the hum on a GPZ is definitely far different than the GPX5K.  Sensitiity/Threshold/and Target volume all seem to have to be in perfect balance.  There's fewer knobs to turn on this machine, but they sure can change the way the gold sounds off and if it sounds off at all.  If you can really force yourself to not dig those targets that sound like gold, and instead test some of the settings, you will really get a handle on what changes the target sound in your ground.  It was eye opening for my locations.

Andyy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I agree, the Volume on the 7000 can do wonders to the response of a target, however, for clarification, there is no Target Volume adjustment on the 7000, only the GPX has Target Volume.  The 7000 has Volume and Volume Limit.  Keep finding those lobster nuggets :)

Brian.

• Like 3

Yep, volume on the Z not target volume, I think  for some of us because we have gone over from the PIs we`ve just taken the "target" across but NV many thanks for pointing this out for clarification. I had to turn the Z on to see it shows as simply volume not target volume which considering the 100s of hours I spent behind it says volumes. LOL

For me the Zs a much easier detector to use then the ML PIs (other then the SDC of course) that could be simply because of the mineralization in the ground I detect, because it has less to fiddle with or it`s suits me. Horses for different Courses for different Jockey`s I suspect.

Andyy I think your on the money, lets be selfish and stop plugging the Z?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I never understood why Minelab took the word "target" out.  I know when I call it target volume I`m calling it the wrong name, but I`m OK with that. Dave

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, vanursepaul said:

Because it's not a target---it's ground noise---but dig it anyway!!!!!! lololol

Nah, mainly set volume correctly and it is no longer ground noise, the Z I`ve found when set for the ground  it is working and a slow swing has very little ground noise just a very stable threshold buzz at where you`ve set it. That is another bonus for me that the Z has on the Xs , it because of its stableness it allows you to cover ground quicker and dig much less ground noise. But and I repeat that is for me. Horses etc etc...…………

Just to reinforce another belief I have and at numerous times mentioned, when I put the X coil on I did not and have not Quick Tracked it or auto got it to find the quietest channel, these are set as it was with the ML coils, in fact I have not changed these settings this season as yet. Tis a magic detector, that has just grown on me, but watch how quick I switch when another detector with promised better capabilities is available.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Norvic said:

Andyy I think your on the money, lets be selfish and stop plugging the Z?

What an excellent opportunity for a grumpy contrarian to contribute 2 cents worth.

The 7000 is still heavy and clumsy.

The arm strap is still to short.

The screens sill go bad even after being replaced and they scratch easily.

The plastic is still cheap.

The coil covers are specifically designed to collect dirt and break when you remove them for cleaning and are expensive.

They have a bunch of doodadery and gismoism that 96.2% of the owners never use but paid for.

The magic downloads turned out to be a bust.

The 12 volt auto charger could have been made cheaper I suppose, but I don't know how.

It cost you endless hours digging up $3 nuggets at unbelievable depths.

I will now ban myself from this forum for 10 minutes as punishment for heresy.

• Like 5
  • Haha 4
  • Oh my! 1

That was a pretty full load you posted there!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

KL, 10 minutes,  if Steve don`t put you in the sin bin for a month, I`ll chuck a temper tantrum and eat worms, talkin about our beloved ML like that. 

• Haha 2