Latest On Fisher Impulse AQ - Production Delay

In a weird way I see this as good news. Apparently Fisher was ready to start producing the Impulse AQ. The reason I know that is there has been a publicly announced "production delay" over some sort of mechanical aspect of the detector. So I read that as meaning that as soon as this hardware bug gets addressed units will be rolling out the door. The only problem is we don't know how long it will take to fix the bug, but they must be on it 24/7 at this point. Management has to be cracking the whip hard by now to get it out the door. I have to assume we will see this before end of summer. Fingers crossed! :smile:

Source for the info at Dankowski Forum

Fisher Impulse AQ Data & User Reviews

fisher-impulse-aq-pulse-induction-metal-detector-beach-gold-rings-waterproof.jpg
Fisher Impulse AQ metal detector

ever since the 35cents/used condom debacle, I've avoided beach hunting. so what does this detector offer those of us who don't beach hunt?

By, what I understand this is mostly a beach hunter. 

Seems like the big competitor for the Pulse is

The deep salt capabilities may be hard to beat.

9 hours ago, gambler said:

ever since the 35cents/used condom debacle, I've avoided beach hunting. so what does this detector offer those of us who don't beach hunt?

Nothing except the possibility of a dry land gold prospecting version someday. Not a peep on a new flagship coin detector to replace F75.

As one of the participants on that thread on Dankowski, I will offer a couple of comments.

That forum get a bit “frisky” at times, it is loosely moderated and pretty wide tolerance is evident. That particular thread has been a focus for a lot of folks who have been hearing about the upcoming Fisher beach PI for almost two years now and are increasingly frustrated by the fact that it seems to be a case of “so near, yet so far”.  Fisher showed a pre-production machine at the big outdoor expo in Germany in the winter and now folks are really hot to see it released, but that hasn’t happened yet.

A few minutes ago, I got a “ping” from my iMail app.  It was one of those annoying reminders from Linkdin - the career/jobs website that I am on - not because I want a job - but because it gives me an alternative to Facebook for following folks I know from when I was working. On Linkdin, I follow Alexandre Tartar (who is the designer of the AquaManta - now Fisher AQ).  The reminder was an invitation to congratulate Alexandre on his anniversary of two years as an employee of  First Texas Products.

Two years ago, Tom Walsh, the CEO of First Texas, opened his cash box and did an “aquihire” - acquiring the rights to Alexandre’s Manta Project and hiring him and his team.  In the two years since then, the project has apparently been moving steadily towards production and market launch. 

I think everyone who has been following this project expected a launch as early as 2018, now 2019 doesn’t look like a “slam dunk”.  That is disappointing.  

Two years is a long time to wait.  It isn’t such a long time however in terms of the process of development and bringing to production status of a new platform, one which shares virtually nothing with any of First Texas’ existing products. Not an excuse, just an observation.

• Like 2

From my perspective and others it’s been more like a ten year wait. Nobody feels like it’s been two years. That’s internal information that really does not matter. And after people have waited all this time for a new flagship this still is not it. This is a niche product in a niche market. I did not hear everyone wanting a new beach detector. People want an answer to the Equinox from First Texas. So while this is an interesting product for a few people I don’t think it changes anything in the big picture really. Most First Texas fans won’t care about this detector and are still going to be waiting.

It’s too bad Alexandre won’t post anywhere but Dankowski. The forum has its fans but it barely gets enough traffic anymore to even generate an Alexa ranking. That’s what happens to all forums that let the trolls run loose. People leave. I watch but I will never participate again while trolls like shoveler are allowed to abuse other forum members with impunity.

• Like 5

Point taken.  I posted what I did mostly because the Linkdin reminder served to remind me about how long it has been since the Manta was “Fisherized”.  Also because this thread was about AQ production delays.  

As far as the wider topics of First Texas needing a new top of the line general purpose detector or the fact that a high priced specialized beach machine being a niche product - all true enough.

• Like 1

Since the Dankowski forum is the only place Alexandre has posted about the AQ, i will cross post something he just put up - under the “handle” of “golden retriever”. He posted it right after Tom D. Had made a post where he commented that the Tarsacci was hitting a nickel at 14” on the beach.

Note: English is not Alexandre’s native language.  Also, when he writes “(with a fast swing without noise)” he is not talking about the strawberries, but about the fact that all the test results he is sharing were obtained not by “massaging” the target, but with a fast swing and that was without any resulting noise from the ground. The Tone Mode and the Mute Mode are the two modes where ferrous and other high conductor targets are ID’d.

Hello, 

Salt wet sand for US nickel : 

IN ALL METAL MODE 17'' without noise at 7µs with a maximum ferrous discrimination 

IN TONE MODE 17'' without noise at 7µs with a maximum ferrous discrimination 

IN MUTE MODE 17'' without noise at 7µs with a maximum ferrous discrimination 

With fast or slow SAT speed setting... 

If the competition is better I pay them a tray of strawberries... grinning smiley (with a fast swing without noise) 

Alexandre

• Like 1