Latest On Fisher Impulse AQ - Production Delay

My extremely limited experience with an AQ prototype (I had it for about 4 days at the end of last year only to test various headphones) in the Gold Canyon AZ area was that it ran fine over our medium mineralized AZ dirt and got depths comparable to what I got at a black sand beach in San Diego on buried nickels. I know our “positive” hot rocks sounded off in all metal and I could use the “iron mask” control in multitone and mute ID modes and silence them.  I don’t think I ever tested depth on one mode vs the other.

How it would do in extreme mineralization is more doubtful since the ground balance system is optimized for providing the iron ID function and not for coping with extreme conditions which shut down machines not optimized for the goldfields - like the GPX series.

I’m sure folks who get one for the beach will try it inland and it will be fascinating to hear how they do.

Of course, FT has stated that a “Terra” (as a opposed to “Aqua”) version is under active development - so - patience is a virtue.

• Like 2