Video - GPZ High Yield vs General on Large Nugget

This is a nice clear video on a descending tone target, the kind I have yet to dig with my GPZ 7000. A descending low tone is usually junk or big gold.

I normally hunt in High Yield but this video does nicely illustrate what Minelab says - General will usually respond better on larger deeper nuggets.

• Like 4

When I first used my GPZ, got fortunate first piece in 5 or so minutes from starting, small but deep, immediately considered, this machine is going to do to PI`s what the PI`s did to the vlf`s. Same thing dig down expecting a larger piece. Speaking to a non detecting person but someone who is involved in the industry, first thing he asked me (known each other for 35 plus years) have you got the new Minelab. To cut a long story short, he is seeing it all over again as when the SD2000 came out, the complaints of a heavy machine but the finds, well and truly making up for it.

Go Minelab.

• Like 1

Yup. Went out close to home late yesterday, worked some tailings from an old shallow placer shaft, found some tiny nuggets so I started digging out the trash. The first obvious big square nail I dug weighed 2dwt and was made of gold. I was wishing 1515art was there.

• Like 3

Yup. Went out close to home late yesterday, worked some tailings from an old shallow placer shaft, found some tiny nuggets so I started digging out the trash. The first obvious big square nail I dug weighed 2dwt and was made of gold. I was wishing 1515art was there.

beautiful, thats the kind of nail you want and boy do I wish I was there too... just reading about all these great stories is killing me and I need a fix of the nugget hunting kind.