Does Xp Deus Like Round Targets ?? Deus Compared To Eqx 800

Guest Tnsharpshooter

Guest Tnsharpshooter

You will hear me use the phrase “hard to miss”.
What I mean by this is if you sweeping buried target flush you will undoubtably hear the target.   So one still has to get the coil over.  But sometimes using some other detectors even if you flush the target, audio provided not as alerting to user, hence user may keep walking and sweeping.

Also in this next video, full tone settings is used with Deus with zero disc and some other disc levels.  There are other ways to run a Deus and maybe get better alerting on round nonferrous shaped.  Still though even doing this I think Deus falls short of EQX 800.

My Deus units are not going anywhere.

Just honest reporting.  As to the strengths/weaknesses involving round(er) shaped objects.

Some folks new to Deus may find this info helpful.

• The title was changed to Does Xp Deus Like Round Targets ?? Deus Compared To Eqx 800

Strange reporting on the musket ball, they usually scream through on my Deus, although I usually works sites with a pretty slow swing speed.  Can't say I've experienced that iron toning on them, even if in close proximity to ferrous targets - still usually distinguishable as two separate targets.

Guest Tnsharpshooter
5 hours ago, Goldpick said:

Strange reporting on the musket ball, they usually scream through on my Deus, although I usually works sites with a pretty slow swing speed.  Can't say I've experienced that iron toning on them, even if in close proximity to ferrous targets - still usually distinguishable as two separate targets.

I may use a CW bullet nose up and compare these 2 detectors and do a video.  Just to see if the semi round front of bullet causes Deus to be somewhat lacking with more ideal tone when reporting.

I do witness a lot of how Deus behaves in the video on actual round targets (mostly lead) innthe wild detecting.  The real reason I did the test/comparison.  

Since this is the comparison subforum.  I can criticize here (honestly).  Imo a target in the wild somewhat masked or sitting in the open.  And both Deus and Eqx do detect (give signal).  EQX is far easier to actually interpret as a nonferrous.  Noise, or lack of noise when EQX is running(being swept) is one reason as well as the way EQX reports.  Deus is more of a ground reactive sounding detector tonal wise.  Hence sweep speed seems to affect more for reporting, plus Deus ID gets dragged down towards iron hence its tone provided on nonferrous does too,  Takes a much more trained ear or keener ear to pick up the tonal nuance and actually realize a nonferrous target exist under Deus coil.  EQX is much much easier, more user friendly.  An example.  If a field was indeed seeded say 10 years ago with 22 LR rimfire bullets buried at various depths.  And after 10 years buried we could turn some very experienced Deus users and Eqx runners in such a site.  EQX users would smoke the Deus users big time.  It would be like the Eqx users shooting fish out of a barrel.  Mind you we wouldn’t tell any of the detectors model users what was in the field we seeded. It would be a nonferrous hunting contest.  Whomever finds the most wins.  Team effort with Eqx users vs Deus users.  One may wonder how I can say what I have above.  I’ll let folks guess.  I sure ain’t making this stuff up, I assure you.

The EQX and 11” coil is the most universal VLF detector and coil setup in the world right now.  My opinion.  One detector one coil that answers a lot of detecting scenarios.  Not all but more than other detectors with one coil can.

If another exists, that can match or exceed EQX and 11” dd coil for overall performance in the bigger world of detecting.  Someone needs to show me, or tell me.  

Imo the word universal should have been used in lieu of obsolete some months ago when talking of the EQX line.  Jack of all trades and yes even master of some for VLF detector use.  When one approaches many hours using the detector light bulb will start to burn bright.  Especially if you’ll rehunt sites where you have spent great amounts of time innthe last using other models.  My first run with EQX in my site didn’t show me what the detector was capable of.  Not surprised really.  But just sharing info as some folks may be disappointed on their first few outings.  Give Nox time, it’ll shine.  Folks should be advised I was a big Deus fan.  Well my fan fare for Deus has flamed out.

Deus in 3 tone low disc at like 5.2 will give you a lot better results. Full tones is great but seems to have some built in disc into the settings I'm guessing. When hunting iron littered sites Ill take the deus over the Nox every time.

Guest Tnsharpshooter
17 hours ago, Kickindirt said:

Deus in 3 tone low disc at like 5.2 will give you a lot better results. Full tones is great but seems to have some built in disc into the settings I'm guessing. When hunting iron littered sites Ill take the deus over the Nox every time.

You run disc 5.2 on Deus in my area with iron you will be in trouble.  Gotta run higher.  Like 5.9 -6.4 for LF coil and 6.5-7.0 for HF coils running higher than lowest band freq wise.