Bedrock Vs. Cemented Gravels

Hi Tom

Well you hit what one would call false bedrock. Like you said you’re finding gold on top of this .

What I’m about to say and to do some would say a big question why but only cost you a little time. If you can get your hands on a hand post hole digger try this . Dig a hole pass that false bedrock and as you dig pan the material that you bring out . That false bedrock was made over time and between it , it’s a true bedrock that your post hole digger may hit . Remember things have been going on long before man came on the scene. Who knows you may hit another false bedrock of different material before you reach the real one .

From what it’s worth department . I miss your face and voice coming from White’s.

Chuck 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, phrunt said:

Good to see you around Tom, I thought you'd done the runner on us ?

Nice gold too, A mixture of chunky and flat bits.  I do hope that's not a glass bottle, I learnt the hard way not to use them!

I've been there mate. Spent a whole summer working bedrock and dropped a glass vial once - never again! I take plastic out in the field and save the glass ones for home.

It's been a busy spring with working my new gig so trips have been rare, but I'm hoping to get out more once things slow down.

• Like 2

Good to see you posting again Tom.....

Don't be a stranger.

Nice gold by the way. 

• 2 months later...

you've done good! Congrats on the gold!

• 1 month later...

glass vial in the clothes dryer even worse...I stick with plastic lipstick round containers now.

I hope to get gold in the creek gravels laying on bedrock this weekend where  I found a public access on an Indiana creek.

Just hope the gravels are shallow. That trick worked upstream where my buddy panned out 3 small nuggets in maybe 8 inch thick layer of gravels. Maybe I better bring a detector too? Hmm, GB2, MXT, Lobo ? No ground minerals but most likely all kinds of fishing stuff and weights and camping trash.

-Tom