Quick Question About Factory Reset

Smithobx

Hello All,  I have not received my EQ800 yet (should be delivered next week) so I am trying to get as familiar as I can with the operation and control navigation. My question is: when you do a factory reset, does it also reset the personal profile settings you have made? If the answer is in the owners manual I can't seem to find it.

55 minutes ago, Smithobx said:

When you do a factory reset, does it also reset the personal profile settings you have made?

Pretty sure the answer is 'yes'.  But I'm not going to try it right now since I have everything set just right!  ?

5 hours ago, Smithobx said:

Hello All,  I have not received my EQ800 yet (should be delivered next week) so I am trying to get as familiar as I can with the operation and control navigation. My question is: when you do a factory reset, does it also reset the personal profile settings you have made? If the answer is in the owners manual I can't seem to find it.

The answer is yes, but the personal profile slot is just a place to enable quick access to a frequently used mode and whatever custom settings you have applied, if any, rather than having to step through each of the modes in sequence..  Other than setting up complex, custom tone and discrimination profiles, there really is not all that much that can and should be customized as the defaults are pretty good out of the box..  I pretty much leave the tone settings as is (I don't heavily customize them) and the only thing that gets adjusted/customized besides sensitivity is recovery speed, number of tones used, and perhaps iron bias.  Otherwise, noise cancel channel and ground balance are situational and are set up uniquely for each detecting session.  Since the characteristics of each search profile (Park 1/2, Field 1/2, Beach 1/2, Gold) are basically set by the underlying Multi IQ programming which is factory set and not user adjustable, there is not a lot of custom programming of each mode required other than the user settings (noise cancel channel, Ground Balance, volume/tone settings, ferrous breakpoint, notch, recovery speed, and iron bias).  Sensitivity is a global parameter and is not saved unique to the user profile.  The only other setting is single frequency setting, which I also seldom use. So factory resets do not require a lot of post reset customizations.to return them to where you had them before the reset.  Not something that you should be overly concerned about.  HTH.

• Like 2

minelab-equinox-reset-profile-factory-re
Minelab Equinox Reset Profile / Factory Reset

You can reset individuals Search Profiles or do a full factory reset. The full reset returns all detector settings to factory defaults erasing any custom settings.

Reset a Search Profile

Individual Search Profiles can easily be returned to their factory preset settings. Only the local settings will be reset; any global settings will remain in their last-use state.

1. Navigate to the Detect Mode Search Profile you wish to reset.
2. Press and hold the Detect Mode button for 5 seconds. 
3. The Mode icon will flash, 'SP' will appear on the Target ID Display, indicating that the Search Profile has been reset. 'SP' will appear on the Target ID Display when a Detect Mode Search Profile is reset.
4. Release the Detect Mode button. There will be a rising confirmation tone.

Factory Reset the Detector

Factory Reset will return all detector settings and Detect Modes to factory preset values, and will unpair all wireless headphones.

1. Turn the detector off.
2. Press and hold the Power button for approximately 8 seconds. The start-up animation will display.
3. 'FP' will then appear on the Target ID Display, indicating that Factory Presets are restored. 'FP' will appear on the Target ID Display when Factory Presets are restored.
4. Release the Power button. There will be a rising confirmation tone.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Smithobx said:

Hi Smithobx,

Welcome.

Yes: "The default settings for the User Profile are a copy of Park Mode Search Profile 1." (Page 33 of the manual). Thus after a "FP" the personal profile will be "Park 1".

Greetings,

Bob'ke

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1