Tesoro Fans May Be Interested In New DeepTech Vista X - Very Much Like Updated Tesoro Tejon

Worth taking a look at. From what I saw in YouTube the audio wasn't as pleasant as the Tesoros. Not sure how sensitive it is to small targets either.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

I was reading some older posts & saw this. Not much posted on Deep Tech products but I know they are out there & being used.

I have been working with a new high mineral test bed I built the last few weeks. Where all my other detectors struggle, the Vista X has no problem, even with the smaller coil. In heavy nails it just keeps finding targets. EMI is not a problem. Depth & proper tone ID is outstanding, great coil selection.  It is also a bargain price wise.

Who else runs a Deep Tech detector? What has been your experience?

• Like 3

I would love to see them pick up where Tesoro left off! That segment, to me, is often overlooked as too simplistic to continue building! But there is still a healthy market for old Tesoro's!👍👍

Deep Tech has a good product line up. They even market a PI based imaging unit that has some discrimination features. Richard @Backwoods Detectors is the only USA dealer I am aware of. I think RG is a forum member.

The Vista X has become my primary detector, especially when working in iron. I still pull out my Tesoros when I want to use a concentric coil or just need a change, and sometimes use my Vanquish for cherry-picking. But if I could only keep one detector, it would be the X. I have a SuperSix coil from Richard on the way 🙂

-Ken

Kitz    Do you have the 8"XS to compare the SuperSix with?  I'm wondering what the difference in performance might be. The XS rarely comes off mine.

On 1/28/2022 at 8:41 PM, JCR said:

Kitz    Do you have the 8"XS to compare the SuperSix with?  I'm wondering what the difference in performance might be. The XS rarely comes off mine.

Yeah, I've got the 8" XS coil and it is what I usually have on the machine. According to what one of the DeepTech folks posted on the Vista X Facebook group, the 8" has more depth than the SuperSix but not as good separation. I often hunt very trashy demolition sites -- tons of iron plus a seasoning of more conductive junk -- and thought that the SuperSix might be preferable there. I also use the 5.75" on such sites, but trying to cover ground with that is like trying to paint a wall with a toothbrush 🙂. I'm hoping the SuperSix will be a nice compromise between the 8" and 5.75".

-Ken

• Like 1

Please report back with a comparison of the two. I may want to get a Super Six also. It's hard to imagine it could be better, that 8"XS is great.

23 hours ago, JCR said:

Please report back with a comparison of the two. I may want to get a Super Six also. It's hard to imagine it could be better, that 8"XS is great.

Will do.  It might be a month or two... the ground is still frozen up here.

-Ken

• Like 1