Tesoro Fans May Be Interested In New DeepTech Vista X - Very Much Like Updated Tesoro Tejon

After seeing how my regular VLF detectors, that I normally use on town lots & parks struggle with mineralization past 5" or so, I'm going to make it a priority to try the Vista X in the Al trash. Since it sifts through nails so exceptionally well, it should do fine. It punches through the mineralization much better. There may very well be some nice older coins in the hot red dirt that have been masked by the mineralization all these years. I bet I have been limiting myself by using the X only as a relic machine.

• Like 2

Smart Pro + is supposed to be a very good relic/coin hunter. It does lack threshold control though. Not sure how much that effects the nuances or not. One thing with the Tesoros is threshold when run barely audible gives you more nuances. Example is when people "super tune" their Vaquero's they are essentially making the faint fringe targets louder and does not effect the actual depth of the machine. This would be similar to EUD function on the Kruzer and racers had. By doing so you flatten and clip the audio response.

Smart Pro+ can be seen on YouTube here:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, kac said:

Smart Pro + is supposed to be a very good relic/coin hunter. It does lack threshold control though. Not sure how much that effects the nuances or not. One thing with the Tesoros is threshold when run barely audible gives you more nuances. Example is when people "super tune" their Vaquero's they are essentially making the faint fringe targets louder and does not effect the actual depth of the machine. This would be similar to EUD function on the Kruzer and racers had. By doing so you flatten and clip the audio response.

Smart Pro+ can be seen on YouTube here:

I'd buy it if I didn't have a Tesoro!

• Like 1

I just picked up a new Vista X as I always enjoyed hunting at times without a vdi machine as I can tend to get lazy. The Vista X is said to do well in iron infested sights. Of course the ground is frozen solid and 8” of snow so it will be a while before I can play with it. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I've finally had the chance to go out for a few hunts with the SuperSix coil on my Vista X. I'm really enjoying it so far and expect it to be my default coil for most situations. 

That said, if you already have the 8" XS coil, I can't say you necessarily need the SuperSix as well. It depends on your hunting conditions: the SuperSix does seem to have better target separation than the XS, but at the cost of some depth.  For me, that's an easy trade-off to accept because most coins here are within the first 8". 

-Ken

• Like 5

Thanks for the observation on the Super Six coil. I may get one eventually. It is hard to imagine it separating even better than the 8" XS which is excellent & my default Vista X coil.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I can't say for sure this was due to the SuperSix coil, but... this past weekend I returned to a large house demolition site that I've hit repeatedly with both the 8" and 5.75" coils. This included half-baked gridding from multiple directions. The SuperSix netted me another 4 coins and a button. Might just have been luck, I suppose, but I was impressed nonetheless.

-Ken

• Like 3