Tesoro Fans May Be Interested In New DeepTech Vista X - Very Much Like Updated Tesoro Tejon

If they made a unit with a 10 or lower khz and a concentric I would buy two. I have looked at their products but just can't pull the trigger. Call it stupid but for me 5 and 10 khz is a sweet spot for my spots. I sure hope that some of the so called fringe detector makers don't fall into the multi trap. over and over I do much better with single vs multi on my 800. Something about a knob machine that just plain makes a difference. (I think more fine adjustment)

• Like 4

I would also like to have a Vista X type unit @ 8-10 kHz with Concentric coil availability. Deep Tech does listen to their customers & participates in some Forums. Their machines are primarily set up for the European hunter working on ancient sites, looking for small low conductor targets. A selectable frequency machine would be ideal to me, but the Vista X at 16 kHz hits well on anything I have tried so far.

• Like 4

I have used it for about 5 hours so far in the field. It is very sensitive & hits well on Very small/tiny targets yet is very stable. Very good separation, very good depth. Soil conditions have been very dry, so I have not seen how it handles active Iron trash(which is the main reason I purchased it) but I know it will do well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JCR said:

I have used it for about 5 hours so far in the field. It is very sensitive & hits well on Very small/tiny targets yet is very stable. Very good separation, very good depth. Soil conditions have been very dry, so I have not seen how it handles active Iron trash(which is the main reason I purchased it) but I know it will do well.

How is it unmasking coins from old iron nails? In particular 3d masking with nail above a few inches.

Has anyone tried one with the stock dd at the beach on wet sand?

The 8" concentric seems to separate Almost as well as the SuperSix & 8"XS.  I got it to minimize the small Iron falsing. It has been too dry to test that yet.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Now that we have gotten some good rain, I have had the chance to see how well the 8" Concentric tames the small iron falsing. It is noticeably better than the DD coils, even running higher gain levels. I dug several good targets that I had been missed before. I am quite pleased with it.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, JCR said:

Now that we have gotten some good rain, I have had the chance to see how well the 8" Concentric tames the small iron falsing. It is noticeably better than the DD coils, even running higher gain levels. I dug several good targets that I had been missed before. I am quite pleased with it.

You test and see how it handles 3d masking? Put a cut nail above a silver and see if you can tune out the nail and still hit the coin. Tejon does well with a cut nail above a trime.

• Like 3

The Concentric &small DD are about equal on 3D masked targets in the ground.  The DD separates better but you have to be more attentive to the mixed tones if the targets are very close. The Concentric gives better tonal separation if you can hit that little window between the targets where the good is stronger than the iron. It is all a matter of relative signal strength & in ground conditions. They both see some targets better than the other so I will use both equally. The Concentric gives a bit more pleasant sounding hunt. I always run the Vista with the low tone audible to hear the full picture. Being able to do so & the much faster recovery speed makes it the best in heavy falsing iron for me. High minerals don't bother it as much either.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
On 9/20/2022 at 6:25 PM, JCR said:

The 8" concentric seems to separate Almost as well as the SuperSix & 8"XS.  I got it to minimize the small Iron falsing. It has been too dry to test that yet.

My ears may prefer the 8 ” concentric. How does the Vista X stock 11x9.5 DD coil perform in ferrous trash?