GPX 4500 Fake?

The price is very low and that makes the detector suspect.

Use the serial number verifier at the bottom of the Minelab Stop Counterfeits Page to verify used detectors. Anyone that won't give you the serial number - pass. Of course they could give you a good serial number and send you something else.

Your best clue is always price. People are desperate to find a “great deal” and so it is easy pickings for those selling “great deals”. 

Genuine dealers all advertise within a narrow fixed price range. Anything new that is substantially under that price is probably counterfeit. Used is another matter obviously but there are people buying cheap knockoffs and selling as used also. Buyer beware. The only safe strategy buying new is stick with legit known dealers - avoid oddball discounters with super low prices. even when buying used it is best to find out what the normal used price is and look out when the price is exceptionally low. There are so many fake GPX detectors now I would have a difficult time buying one used unless I was very comfortable with the seller.

The scary part is an honest person could get a counterfeit, not know it, and then resell it.

Seriously, if too good to be true it likely is a scam.

• Like 2

Thx for your quick answers.

People are really unfair.Another guy wanted to sell a GPX for 1200 Euro and he just wanted to communicate per Mail and also to ship it. After i told him i come to see the dedector and to give him cash in hand i never heared anything from him anymore.