Another Great Hunt With The 800 And 6" Coil At A Ww 2 Dump Site

Dan(NM)

I met up with my hunting buddy at a WWII dump site to spend the day finding some relics.  We were both able to finds some silver medallions and several silver coins along with the usual buttons and relics from a military site.  He and I were running an 800 with 6" coils and the 800 was able to zero in on the non-ferrous targets like a laser.   I was running Park 1, recovery 6 , 0 iron bias and sens at 16 and tone break at -9 to + 17, the amount of debris that the 800 was able to see thru was a wonder to behold. I hit a sterling silver backer pin that was a solid repeatable hit surrounded by low tones. I'm impressed more and more with the 800 every time I hit a spot like this. I found what we thought was a ring at first, the 3 sided thing with a stone on top, we have no idea what it is, but it sure sounded good.  Thanks for looking.

IMG_8192.JPG

IMG_8191.JPG

IMG_8188.JPG

IMG_8190.JPG

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Noah (FL) said:

Congrats, that spot sounds like it has plenty to give!

When you describe your tone break, are you running two tone with tone break at +17??? 

That is correct, I listen for iron low tones and non-ferrous high tones only. I tried running my tone break lower, the amount of targets is overwhelming  and the excessive amounts of trash is extremely time consuming.

• Like 1

Wow, my dad used a razor just like the one you found.?

• Like 1