Not sure if the AT Gold will get close enough to fences as the Pro would since the Gold has a higher frequency close to the Tejon I use OR it might to well since the AT series has nice iron discrim. I never used the Gold but have used the MAX and Pro.

Don't think you need to worry about the sensitivity so much rather than turn off the iron tones and set it as high as you can. I'm able to get close to fences with setting of 36 on my pro.

• Like 1

Wow, fantastic that you found the ring! Nice work ?

-Bill

• Like 1

There was a lot of free Minelab advertising came too.  The people involved automatically wanted to know what kind of machine I was using and the cost.  One gentleman asked several times to buy my machine.  He stated it was a lucky machine, imagine that.  Well, if Minelab sells a couple extra machines because of this recovery, that is good too.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• 1 year later...
On 5/7/2019 at 7:09 AM, Mark Gillespie said:

There was a lot of free Minelab advertising came too.  The people involved automatically wanted to know what kind of machine I was using and the cost.  One gentleman asked several times to buy my machine.  He stated it was a lucky machine, imagine that.  Well, if Minelab sells a couple extra machines because of this recovery, that is good too.

Hey Mark,

Just checking through some older posts! You never finished the story of how and where you found the ring! Is there more to tell?? In any case, great job!👍👍

• Like 1

The only Cemetery Hunt  that I have done was in the early days of gold prospecting in Maryborough Vic.  as it was built in the middle of a gold lead. Others had done better than me but I was rewarded with a small amount of gold.

Congratulations on finding that ring. What a thrill that must have been as it was lost for so long. Sure would like to have seen the reactions of the family and you!