Minelab Vanquish, New Detector Soon To Be Released

I kinda like you tube....say what you want type of place...but there are lots of haters over there.....I've had my nox for over a year now and used it exclusively during this time and nothing has broke..I dont know how guys are breaking arm cuffs unless they are trying to...at any rate good on you Simon for figuring it out...now the real question is should I sell my 3030? 

strick

13 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

You can bet the reason you are hearing about this now is the Minelab Global Conference held in Sardinia, Italy a week ago. Dealers would have been informed, and although they are not supposed to say anything dealers always leak information. Minelab knows this and so these types of announcements tend to happen right after a dealer meeting.

At least one of our forum members went to the Global Conference.  Minelab would not get any attendance if they didn't announce something.  It is the beginning of the buzzzzz for anything new that is at the ready phase.  We have to remember a metal detecting company is in business to sell metal detectors.  They are not a treasure/gold company per se.  If they can tap into our desires to find more on locations where we have already been or open up 'new' ground then we are vulnerable purchasers.  I am.

I think the remaining frontier will be to get to the few remaining places where detectors have not been effective or used.  Some sort of barrier to entry such as remoteness, water, mineral or trash.  As far a gold detecting goes, many of the areas in the Southwest are still being hunted by people with 3000s, 4000s and 5000s and if they get over gold they are still finding it without needing to buy a new detector.

As a vulnerable purchaser I need a different direction to be put on better targets with the detectors I already have.  I'll spend a bit more money on travel (and research?) and skip the newest detectors.   (Then I'll see what you are finding and think my 'luck' will change!)  haha

I can't find the Hand of Faith nugget or the Poseidon nugget ... someone already did. 

• Like 1

I agree with others, it sounds just like a CTX 3030 tone. But notice how fast it is.... Just an updated version of the CTX, with the NOX processing power...

Dave

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rob said:

I've always wanted a Vanquish.......maybe I'll be able to afford the Minelab model. The Aston Martin version is a little spendy!

Maybe you can cash in some of those Air miles ?

Whatever new comes on the market I don’t think it needs to be too simple. If you’re a new kid on the block maybe simple is for you. For myself I don’t want to put too much stress on what’s between the ears but I do want something that has the ability to reach beyond what came before .If it can’t do that then why would I want to walk out the door with that detector in hand .

Chuck 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

Whatever new comes on the market I don’t think it needs to be too simple. If you’re a new kid on the block maybe simple is for you. For myself I don’t want to put too much stress on what’s between the ears but I do want something that has the ability to reach beyond what came before .If it can’t do that then why would I want to walk out the door with that detector in hand .

Chuck 

Agreed. "Simple" takes away the ability to tweak the machine and maybe stumble onto some really deep settings. That is one reason in the past I loved the Eagle Spectrum from Whites and now the GPX from Minelab. Both machines offered enough incremental settings, allowing minute changes to each control. I'm not much for a machine that takes that away just to please new people to the hobby. Save that for the low end machines. Part of the fun I've had over the years is figuring out these tricks to getting great depth. 

• Like 1

....if you look at the video in high resolution and slow speed - see more details...:smile: