Minelab Vanquish, New Detector Soon To Be Released

I think we can expect a detector even more caliber - like Equinox..One is certainly waterproof ..

Obviously the property will be a price / performance ratio ...

This is one of the longer, if not longest set of postings I’ve read.

The great thing is that Minelab reads the post, and can see that interest by those that use their detectors.... They “get it”, and they’re, as Phrunt says, Minelab is responding faster with newer models - and they appear to be building upon the newer chips they’ve developed for models like the NOX.

My guess is that they’ll have another winner that is more affordable for the niche they’re aiming at, and that it’ll sport most of what you all are speculating upon.  Patience is almost as hard to find as gold is.⛏⛏⛏⛏

• Like 2

You know - if they can feature DISCRIMINATION that really works, and performance features of the NOX, they will have a true winner, and most likely another “buyer”?.

(Spoken by someone who drives their incredible models - Monster, NOX, and ZED’s)

• Like 2

On 5/4/2019 at 3:32 AM, dgatleyDP said:

This is one of the longer, if not longest set of postings I’ve read.

The great thing is that Minelab reads the post, and can see that interest by those that use their detectors.... They “get it”, and they’re, as Phrunt says, Minelab is responding faster with newer models - and they appear to be building upon the newer chips they’ve developed for models like the NOX.

My guess is that they’ll have another winner that is more affordable for the niche they’re aiming at, and that it’ll sport most of what you all are speculating upon.  Patience is almost as hard to find as gold is.⛏⛏⛏⛏

the longest post is the one that asked the question....what is the best detector.......?

Oooh Drat!

I finally got my CTX talking like an Excal and running like a Nox. I runs deep and hits steel cored coins of the salty beach. I’m picking out the leftover coins the Nox guys are hotrodding over.

And they go and announce a Vanquish. Life just isn’t fair is it.

• Haha 1

Re-copied my post from elsewhere on this forum: I'll say what I know (third-hand) from a dealer. The Vanquish is the new Gold prospecting detector that is an evolution of the GPZ7000. It will have an astounding price-tag, which has become typical of Minelab. We'll probably faint when its announced ? Very cryptic, but Ive heard that there are 2 more detectors due out before the end of the year also, one to  possibly to replace the SDC2300 and another to replace the CTX3030. One thing that WAS stressed about the new mega-prospecting machine, it will have astounding depth capabilities and will pull gold from thrashed locations like a cash register ? They are THAT confident. We will await the facts when they arrive.... Whether this is mis-information or not, I dunno. But the dealer in question has a stout reputation and has never BS'd anyone before

Better sell the Zed now or its only gonna be worth a couple g.  :laugh:  Now’s your chance phrunt!

Kind of surprised on a Z replacement.  I was told by more than one person that they planned on 2 more software updates.  Wonder if they are gonna take trade ins :laugh:

• Like 1

The dealer also noted that the Z was only 2/3 through its 'life expectancy' as a new detector....but methinks Minelab can smell some potential competition in the PI prospecting arena and hence the 'Vanquish' name.... they wanna smash the competition before it starts.

On 5/8/2019 at 4:42 AM, Aureous said:

Re-copied my post from elsewhere on this forum: I'll say what I know (third-hand) from a dealer. The Vanquish is the new Gold prospecting detector that is an evolution of the GPZ7000.

Sounds  more like a GPX replacement to me from their "about" description and the tones indicate some kind of discrimination so maybe it's a new detector using new tech found in the 7000 or the EQ instead of pure PI, I can't keep track of all their acronyms these days. Something you can use gold prospecting or on the beach for jewelry or looking for civil war bullets. If it replaced the aging GPX series entirely you might even say it "vanquished" it. ?

"For Metal Detecting, water hunting, relic hunting and treasure hunting" from their About section. Gold is a "metal" if one wanted to be vague I suppose and let people interpret it a thousand ways. It could also just be a Go-Find replacement that might also incorporate some prospecting ability. Which would actually be pretty cool since a lot of younger new people who would otherwise love to start electronic prospecting are turned away by the utter lack of an affordable machine that is decent at gold too.

There seems to be 3 names out there at various locations oddly, Vanquish, Victory, and Vantage, maybe there are 3 price points in a series of 3 machines with increasing functionality? Each word being a somewhat stronger version of the last. Who knows, just dipping my toes into the guessing game like everyone else. I thought this topic would be relegated to the non-gold sections of the forum by now though, so I figured I'd actually look into it since it seems to be staying here.

Drip. Drip. Drip. 

• Like 1

I agree with Phrunt, that unit on the YouTube video is a vlf, and not a PI detector. Highly doubt it's a replacement for the ZED...

Dave