Minelab Vanquish, New Detector Soon To Be Released

Or functionally combining the CTX with the Excalibur 2 or something. The trend is making things do more than one task at once, which the description also alludes to. I just figure if it had to do with gold at all it not be replacing the GPZ, but augmenting or replacing what people use the GPX series for in civil war battle fields, beach jewlery/treasure hunting etc, with some capability for gold potentially too since that series seems to be at the end of it's shelf life anyways.

From Minelab of all manufacturers, I kinda feel like we should be past the basic old school VLF thing at this stage, and it should be some fancier new acronyms. Unless it's targeted at the lower price ranges. They usually lead the market with their new releases with something at least somewhat new or novel that isn't in the market yet. Unless it's Go-Find level stuff for the entry level market. 

• Like 1

Hey Ho,

A new Minelab in the works. Before the Nox hit the shelves or pre-order lists. The X-terras had a price drop.

Before the CTX came into view. The E-trac dropped in price.

Just about when the GPZ hit town. They dropped the price on GPX units.

So I’m looking out for price drops.

People are still very happy with their Nox units,... for most users the CTX just is a tad too complicated and too slow compared to a Deus. And a little bit too expensive as well, compared to a Deus that is.

From day 1 the Nox was a Deus Killer. And who doesn’t want a light fast multi-frequency machine that can even prospect.

Price drops and when it appears it’s price point in the Minelab arsenal will indicate what it Vanquishes. As of now,... we can dream and speculate.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, phrunt said:

Someone is playing games with you.  Minelab state on their own account on Youtube where they released the video what the Vanquish is.... It's not a GPZ replacement, it's a waterproof treasure detector, likely a CTX replacement. No mention of gold, and treasure detectors on the Minelab website aren't gold detectors they don't classify gold as treasure ?   See below.  You have nothing to worry about with your GPZ purchase with the Vanquish.  With that said if anyone is scared and worried their GPZ value will fall off the cliff with this new high performance Vanquish gold detector that's 50% better than the GPZ I will buy their GPZ off them for $3000, far more than it will sell for when a 50% better detector comes out that renders all existing gold detectors obsolete.. fresh crisp notes... can you smell the cash... nice... message me all sellers I may even buy two being the nice guy I am.. you know, to help you out ?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdt-_09wRjYqRwVenJqBriA/about

Minelab Vanquish a new dawn a new metal detector For Metal Detecting, water hunting, relic hunting and treasure hunting When is release date, what are the details of the Minelab Vanquish metal detector Videos coming soon

Phrunt, the info I heard was good. You may note that I said there were 3 machines due out by ML before the end of the year. One is indeed a replacement for one of the current lineup of coin/relic units (my bet is the 3030) but the main point is the GPZ replacement, it IS exactly what Jin quoted,even down to the suggested RRP. A handful of testers have been busy with the prototypes for a couple months now. The depth advantages and 'other' features are 'astounding' they reckon. My guess is release within 3 months....

Plus 'THAT' video isn't from Minelab anyway. With grammar like that, it would be a huge joke for it to be associated with such a renowned company. ML don't have that video anywhere on their site nor any other info that I can find.

17 minutes ago, Aureous said:

Phrunt, the info I heard was good. You may note that I said there were 3 machines due out by ML before the end of the year. One is indeed a replacement for one of the current lineup of coin/relic units (my bet is the 3030) but the main point is the GPZ replacement, it IS exactly what Jin quoted,even down to the suggested RRP. A handful of testers have been busy with the prototypes for a couple months now. The depth advantages and 'other' features are 'astounding' they reckon. My guess is release within 3 months....

It would have to be a hell of a detector to replace my GPX. If it does replace the GPX 5000 or the Zed, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aureous said:

Someones coming to purchase my 4500 tomorrow and I'm going to take a punt and advertise the zed as well now. I can live with a gold detector for a while. I've always got the nox to use. 

Love the zed Phunt but wouldn't be happy if the price falls a lot on the zeds if they release a new machine. I'll wait until the 4500 goes tomorrow then advertise the zed. Worst-case scenario is if the talk about a new zed is wrong then ill buy another. not fussed. For once id like to be at the cutting edge of technology and get over ground that hasn't already been flogged with the latest machine. I was hoping JP might have jumped in and dispelled the rumours as he has in the past. But the silence tells me a new machine is coming and ill be first in line to get one.

• Like 1

Yes, the 'silence' from the usual testers is always an indication of 'probability' :biggrin:

• Like 2

Was just having a look at Codans 2018 Anual report and they do seem to indicate the release of more than one detector.

"Recreation – adventure, treasure, and gold

Minelab continues to invest in product development for
recreational markets and has a number of new, improved
metal detectors in the pipeline."

they also refer to another detector for land mines.

"we are further developing in partnership with the
Australian government to create a new dual-sensing
countermine detector, to be released in late FY19"

"After two years of development, Minelab’s new countermine dual-sensing detector is in final
testing and will be released in this half. This detector was partially funded by the Australian
government and combines ground-penetrating radar with simultaneous multi-frequency metal
detection in a compact, lightweight, high-performance dual-technology detector. It will be the
best dual-sensing detector on the market"."

• Like 1