Minelab Vanquish, New Detector Soon To Be Released

I really hope it's not true. The GPZ to me represented the end of the "new $5k machine every 4 years" cycle. If we've simply moved from that to "new $10k machine every 4 years" instead, then I'll move on and find some other way to do the things I need to do after I finish with my GPZ this winter because that would be my personal bridge too far.

If a replacement was in the works it sure would be a great time to rush to release a coil which only works on the machine which is about to be replaced though, before a lot of people stop using said machine. JP called the move "greedy" and implied the coils were not ready for production yet in another thread, with no real reasons given for the greed comment. This would certainly be a reason. I hope JP comes here to deny that line of conspiratorial thinking. ?

I won't believe any rumors until I see the machine itself though. All in good fun talking now and that's about it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jin said:

Was just having a look at Codans 2018 Anual report and they do seem to indicate the release of more than one detector.

"Recreation – adventure, treasure, and gold

Minelab continues to invest in product development for
recreational markets and has a number of new, improved
metal detectors in the pipeline."

they also refer to another detector for land mines.

"we are further developing in partnership with the
Australian government to create a new dual-sensing
countermine detector, to be released in late FY19"

Yes, the Oz fed Govt provided a grant to develop the new Countermine system, but thats a separate dept within Codan and nothing to do with the Dealers conference 'unveil' of the 3 new 'consumer' dept detectors. My guess is replacements for the 3030. 2300 and the Zed. Seems like the Zed replacement will be 1st off the rank, to combat the new 1st Texas PI. It must be 'Vanquished' apparently... :rolleyes:

• Like 1

The half-year investor presentation mentions 3 new releases by minelab. One is a radio device, the other a counter-mine detector and the other a recreational detector. Might be jumping the gun thinking the gpz is going to be replaced just yet.

minelab.PNG

• Like 2

Please note that Codan-Minelab's core tasks from FY16-18 were "To lessen dependence on the GPZ 7000" and create a "Wider metal detector product range" which was done by the R&D team over those 2 years.... the Investor presentations run to end of each financial year and that ends in 7 weeks. Hence the release of the info at the dealer conference a few weeks ago. 2 dealers have now confirmed the replacement of the Zed. When this will happen???... they both say before the end of this year. With 3 machines due out, its a matter of which comes first.

Also, with ML having a 4 year cycle between major prospecting unit releases, the Zed stands at 3 years 6 months right now.....something extra to think about :rolleyes:

17 minutes ago, Aureous said:

2 dealers have now confirmed the replacement of the Zed. When this will happen???... they both say before the end of this year. 

Or if they signed non disclosure agreements, someone could be feeding spurious information at a conference full of moles and leaky sieves in order to weed out the leakers. What were your 2 dealers names again? :tongue:

If on the other hand they didn't sign such agreements then they should be willing to step forward surely and be the first to the market with all this hotly anticipated info.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Aureous said:

Please note that Codan-Minelab's core tasks from FY16-18 were "To lessen dependence on the GPZ 7000" and create a "Wider metal detector product range" which was done by the R&D team over those 2 years.... the Investor presentations run to end of each financial year and that ends in 7 weeks. Hence the release of the info at the dealer conference a few weeks ago. 2 dealers have now confirmed the replacement of the Zed. When this will happen???... they both say before the end of this year. With 3 machines due out, its a matter of which comes first.

Really? Which dealers have said its happening?

47 minutes ago, jasong said:

Or if they signed non disclosure agreements, someone could be feeding spurious information at a conference full of moles and leaky sieves in order to weed out the leakers. What were your 2 dealers names again? :tongue:

If on the other hand they didn't sign such agreements then they should be willing to step forward surely and be the first to the market with all this hotly anticipated info.

You mentioned dealers but earlier someone said testers also. Years back I knew 2 guys who were testers. They opened their mouths and very soon were no longer testers. That was the Sd2200. If any testers are blabbing and Minelab find out who, they'll soon no longer be one. 

• Like 2