Minelab Vanquish, New Detector Soon To Be Released

Jasong, the dealers would be 'raked over the coals' if any of this was made public....ML know it will happen but they have to make it look like they're keeping a lid on it ? Apparently other forums have more details.... seems to confirm what Ive said. 

Interestingly, the AU$12,995 price tag would indicate a gold prospecting unit in the same vein as the GP7000, same $$ number that I was told a few days ago. No coin/relic machine would sell for that $$

1 hour ago, Aureous said:

Please note that Codan-Minelab's core tasks from FY16-18 were "To lessen dependence on the GPZ 7000" and create a "Wider metal detector product range" which was done by the R&D team over those 2 years.... the Investor presentations run to end of each financial year and that ends in 7 weeks. Hence the release of the info at the dealer conference a few weeks ago. 2 dealers have now confirmed the replacement of the Zed. When this will happen???... they both say before the end of this year. With 3 machines due out, its a matter of which comes first.

The 2019 Half-Year Results & Update from Codan was only released on 4 March 2019
Clearly states that 3 machines (one of which is a radio) are being released, but only one detector for the recreational user. Could be wrong but id be more inclined to believe a document released from minelab rather than hearsay. Of course, I hope your right. I do recall a while ago someone who knew a tester who said they were working on a lighter version of the zed. For now, I might just wait a little and see if any more news comes to light before. But I hope that happens soon as I'm about to chop the lead on the14" coil and order 2 "X" coils 

• Like 1

whats curious about this thread is the people who haven't commented on the news!?

• Haha 2

ok, thanks for clearing up the confusion (Alluvial - from another forum) Seems like some of what i posted from another forum concerning the new detector was a little humor. Dang, I'm always a sucker and get taken. lol.

Anyway, I still think that only one recreational detector is being released. I don't think Codan would have the capability to release 3 recreational detectors plus the anti-mine detector plus the new radio all within a short time frame. Hard to say what it is, so just going to have to be patient.

Jin, don't be a wuss. Out with the wire cutters, and bung on an X coil. Go for a big one. Never mind the fly poop. I'll take you to a few good spots, and we can cut a deal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, my 2 cents is that Bisho really said on an earlier post:

CoolEcstaticGerenuk-small.gif.5d67df9454

ML’s ‘flak’ ( PR Dept) has got to be doing backflips on this DP forum alone.  Who knows what the count is on the other forums too, but I’ll bet it’s high.  We’re up to 9 pages and counting..... A genuine hot topic.

Tick, Tick, Tick, Tick, Tick, Tick, Tick, Tick ............., only time will really tell here.

I’ve got to admit that it is incredibly interesting to follow!  What say you STEVE H., or are you one of our “testers”?   Hmmmmm  - silence out there.

After years I've seen this all happen over and over. There will always be a new machine being developed, or tweaks, or improvements. How many times I've seen a rumour come out and people rush to sell their machine simply based on that I have lost count. There are also those who just live for that moment they can say "hey, I know something" so that others can then hang off their every word. Lets say a new one is coming in say January next year. So what, what does it matter if I can tell you that? Whether you know or not it will come when it comes. I once years ago fell for selling a machine on a rumour, and what a goose I was, a few months later went and bought another of the same. This is just the same ole same ole, somone told me, I heard, this person said. I've even heard the "dealer said" one before too. So what if you dont have a new machine in the first week if one comes out. Iv had a few, been the very first, and I've also waited to see and it really just doesn't matter in the end. Sometimes the latest does not necessarily equate to the best for you or where you are or your real requirements. I had a 7000 for 12 mths, its gone and what works best in my situation is a 5000. 7's are great, but not the be all and end all. Same for the 5, its great but not the be all and end all. Dont be fooled into believing you "need" the latest and if you dont have it you've lost. ?

• Like 8

This is why you buy used with warranty left.  Then you can resell and maybe only lose alittle or in half the cases make money.

• Like 1