Minelab Vanquish, New Detector Soon To Be Released

On 5/9/2019 at 10:39 PM, Aureous said:

Interestingly, the AU$12,995 price tag would indicate a gold prospecting unit in the same vein as the GP7000, same $$ number that I was told a few days ago. No coin/relic machine would sell for that $$

And probably not many gold machines.

I also love rumor threads, you get to hear lots of varied thinking - and some amazingly tantalizing conspiracy theories.

While I love the idea of a new gold detector I'm also firmly on the side of those who feel it will have to be a hell of a jump in capability to get me to pony up for a new machine.Ā 

The MD-Hunter Blog likes to make things up but also does have info at times that is ahead of the curve. The problem is you never know which is which!Ā :laugh:

This screenshot fromĀ https://md-hunter.com/wiki/minelab/Ā is projecting three models: Vanquish 340, Vanquish 440, and Vanquish 540

7ABED886-D127-474D-9277-C7B72BCC4E2A.jpeg

On 4/29/2019 at 3:39 PM, Jeff McClendon said:

I heard rumors at a recent GPAA gold show that Minelab was releasing a low to mid range detector to counter and one up the Simplex. So, something Multi IQ between the Go-Find/X-Terra Ā and the Equinox.

Ā 

Jeff

Maybe the Minelab dealer from the Chicago area was not joking!!! He got the Multi IQ/Vflex possibly wrong but he was close.Ā I try to give good info when I can. Never thought I would get backup from MD Hunter..........

Jeff

Someone, please start another rumor about a GPZ software update or new coil quickly so I have something to look forward to again.Ā :tongue:

If this infographic were true it would seem to be doing a lot at once. Pricing itself into the Simplex market, replacing the long in tooth Xterra without having to change coils to detect smaller gold, tapping into the massive success of river detecting (for relics/bullets)Ā on Youtube where almost every one of the content creators uses a Garrett currently, and potentially replacing the long in tooth Excal too. It would seem like a good product to release from a business standpoint for Minelab. But almost certainly a snoozer for serious prospectors unless someone wants a cheap machine to bang around with in the water.

Price wouldĀ almost certainly have to be competitive with the Simplex otherwiseĀ it's hard to see any room in the market for this product today with the EQ 600 being the upper bound, though if it's entirely water proof that would add value.Ā I guess that might be one positive - continuing the trend of decreasing prices. I can only hope someday they start selling something like the GPZ for what it should actually be going for today, which IMO is closer to $1999 max, and I don't see any reasonĀ that a machine like the GM1000 should be selling for more than $300 or maybe $400 max. If they really wanted to release a machine that got me excited about the prospect of a greenhorn being able to finally enter the electronic prospecting market, that would be it, and I'd even give up my GB2 finally and get one myself for that matter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Minelab has learned from the Equinox experience: Leak a few bits of information about an upcoming release and Forum members will do all the free hype andĀ Ā advertising they need. And they might do the same as with the Equinox. Present it at Detectival 2019 in September. They announced in March that Minelab is returning as the Title Sponsor:

https://www.minelab.com/usa/go-minelabbing/news?article=352835

Ā 

On the Finders Keepers Facebook page, like afreakofnature mentioned, the Minelab Conference says coming soon a new Multi IQ detector. Now Im leaning more and more on a CTX 3030 upgrade....With the NOX out, its got to have something bigger better ??...

Dave

Ā 

minelab victory.jpg