Minelab Vanquish, New Detector Soon To Be Released

IronDigger - that definition is serious Geekville on Wikipedia, but your assessment of the chance that understanding this IQ Imbalance may be coming with this new detector.  Only time will tell....  

ML seems to be leading this march to employing a better understanding of these complexities (to our advantage) with Multi-IQ.....  The NOX is a great example, and if it is part of this new evolution of MD hardware & software, then it may be in the realm of “Vanquish”ing the competition, IMHO.  

Like I said - only time will tell.....

(“wholly crap”! - we’re at 12 pages in this thread on the Vanquish, and still many weeks away from knowing anything more about this new MD)?

OK, here’s my guess.  I guess that MD-Hunter’s post is right and the Finders Keepers one is wrong.  I guess that its “VFLEX IQ” and not “Multi IQ”.

Why, because this new machine (or series) is likely intended to fill the big hole left in the under $600 range by the near disappearance of the X-Terra line.  The sales of these must be languishing and the GoFind isn’t an adequate substitute.  The VFLEX Technology was highly touted but 3 frequencies and needing separate coils for each frequency confused the heck out of would be buyers and would put a real enthusiast in the poorhouse.

If I’m right, then I suspect this will be pitched as a breakthrough in single frequency detector design using the I/Q technology developed for the Multifreakers.  Here’s a bit from Minelab about the IQ part of Multi IQ (just mentally delete the first three words of the below text.

Simultaneous Multi-Frequency In-phase and Quadrature Synchronous Demodulation.

We can go to a statement from Dr Philip Wahrlich, our principal technology physicist, about a key difference of Multi-IQ compared to the demodulation taking place in conventional single frequency VLF detectors:

“Within the Multi-IQ engine, the receiver is both phase-locked and amplitude-normalized to the transmitted magnetic field – rather than the electrical voltage driving the transmitted field. This field can be altered by the mineralization in the soil (in both phase and amplitude), so if the receiver was only phased-locked to the driving voltage, this would result in inaccurate target IDs and a higher audible noise level. Locking the receiver to the actual transmitted field, across all frequencies simultaneously (by measuring the current through the coil) solves these issues, creating a very sensitive AND stable detector”

On the other hand, they preached so hard about multi now “obseleting” singlefreakers that it might be hard to go back.

The CDX replacement will take a lot longer I suspect as they learn from the shortcomings of the Equinox what the “Supernox” has to be in order to justify a greater than $1k price.

We’ll see.

• Like 2

Maybe its a multi IQ dedicated nugget machine? I just cannot see Minelab competing with Makro/Nokta's  new  200.00 detector, profit margins would be so small per unit it doesn't make sense to me to compete in that arena. Unless they could move a massive amount of them?

What sayeth Gerry ... he was at the conference.  When he talks we should listen.

Mitchel

My information was the new detector(s) coming out wouldn't interest me, thus not a higher than equinox detector (excluding the possibility of a new prospecting model).  Mid-range and a gold machine sounds right to me.

• Like 4

Remember my carefully reasoned prediction of a new tech singlefreaker as the new ML machine? Well, here’s a snipped from Codan’s Investor presentation from March...

”Expanding multi-frequency technology across product range“

Maybe multifreaker after all. 

How’s that for hedging my bets!!

• Like 5

From Codans Management Briefing & Site Tour Presentation. I guess there's more money making machines for the bottom end market than the top. Looks like no zed replacement just yet.

nquish.PNG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Many pages back it was referred to as a "recreational" detector.  My suspicion at the time was it would be below the Equinox in price aimed at a wider mass market.  An obvious and smart move on ML's part.

It is a serious answer from Minelab to Simplex ..