Minelab Vanquish, New Detector Soon To Be Released

On 5/23/2019 at 6:14 PM, Jin said:

From Codans Management Briefing & Site Tour Presentation. I guess there's more money making machines for the bottom end market than the top. Looks like no zed replacement just yet.

nquish.PNG

Here is a link to the report Jin mentions above....

https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20190522/pdf/445971qpl49qff.pdf

• Like 4

And that's why you dont sell you're detector based upon rumours! "Dealer told me its gonna replace the 7000" "Its a new cutting edge gold detector, I got the hush hush news on it straight from the testers I know" "you better sell your detectors boys, your Gpx's and 7's aint gonna be worth much soon"Ā 

Gotta feel sorry though for those who sold some great rigs in anticipation, just for a coin and relic machine.Ā 

Minelab and their usual "Carrot Dangling" when a new model is on it's way to launch. Remember The Equinox, it came down with a parachutist at an organized UK Detector Meeting. Maybe this one will come down on a "Hot Air Balloon".Ā  But is that a gold pan I see flying up off the forest floor. So maybe, just maybe, a gold function too, similar to the Equinox. Time will tell. We all wait with baited breath.

Cheers Trev (NZ)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Aureous said:

All us Aussies keep a very close eye on Minelab and its practices.... 4 years is about right for all of their High end gold machines to be replaced. The GPX4500 is the biggest selling pulse machine for ML (and maybe the biggest selling ever) but still, the 4 years were up and the GPX5000 was released.....despite the 4500 still selling well. Both theĀ 2300 and 7000 are well overdue..... FY 2019/20 is still 12 months of potential wait-time....but the new 'Uber gold detector'Ā Ā wouldnt have been mentioned to Aussie dealers if it wasnt going to happen.Ā 

See my previous post re the timeline and overdue replacement practices of ML. As far as 'rumors' go, if the info didn't come from the dealers that were informed about it at the recent dealer conference, it would indeed just be rumors. FY 19/20 is still a 12 month wait time and who knows exactly when either of the PI replacements will 'pop up'??? Maybe a betting man would expect just before Xmas???? ?Ā 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Aureous said:

See my previous post re the timeline and overdue replacement practices of ML. As far as 'rumors' go, if the info didn't come from the dealers that were informed about it at the recent dealer conference, it would indeed just be rumors. FY 19/20 is still a 12 month wait time and who knows exactly when either of the PI replacements will 'pop up'??? Maybe a betting man would expect just before Xmas???? ?Ā 

Don't think anything else, other than what Codan has informed their shareholders is on the horizon. And if there happens to be something, I doubt it will be groundbreaking technology. More like a fancied up new shell/body with a couple of new bells and whistles. I'dĀ probably buy it though, lol

Ā 

minelab.thumb.PNG.60df93d76a996b966aefd0e8d7d7efe2.PNG

• Like 3

Shareholder/Investor advice is updated quarterly with most companies, perhaps we can expect a surprise in October.... but who knows? Its not the first time that actual MLĀ  productĀ info was 'leaked' well before its actual release....all we can say for sure is that there are more than a few models already overdue for replacement

2 hours ago, Aureous said:

Shareholder/Investor advice is updated quarterly with most companies, perhaps we can expect a surprise in October.... but who knows? Its not the first time that actual MLĀ  productĀ info was 'leaked' well before its actual release....all we can say for sure is that there are more than a few models already overdue for replacement

Its not going to be a Gold machine . The Minelab video of the man throwing his Garrett away is proof of where they are aiming their guns so to speak. This time its at Garrett lower end models like the 300 and 400 series maybe slightly higher but that is the machine.

Also if anyone values their Minelab dealership they wont say anything till they are allowed . It could be curtains for anyone blabbing . Especially if their business relies on Minelab . Just like 1 or 2 relied on Tesoro till it went bust.

I dont think the Vanquish is going to be for Gold prospecting , it looks like it will only have 7 and 18.75 khts freqs . I know the Terra has prospecting but 18.75 is a good freq for small hammered coins and Gold coins of Quarter Stater size not for very small Gold nuggets .

I suspect a new Gold machine in late 2020 or 21 . As the GPZ shares the same stem as the CTX i suspect at the same time as the CTX replacement comes .

• Like 1

Nukem, yes the 'vanquish being the GPZ replacement' horse bolted almost a week ago... no discussionĀ there. But the 3 new types of detector due out in FY19/20 suggestions are still open to interpretation until official word is released.Ā 

1 hour ago, Aureous said:

Nukem, yes the 'vanquish being the GPZ replacement' horse bolted almost a week ago... no discussionĀ there. But the 3 new types of detector due out in FY19/20 suggestions are still open to interpretation until official word is released.Ā 

I have it on good authority that the Vanquish is what I want. Yippy.

• Like 2

The video on their site provides plenty of clues:

Blurred but obviously the sameĀ  or very similarĀ control unit as is used onĀ the Equinox series. Reason,Ā toĀ keep re-design andĀ tooling costs at a minimum. Absolutely the right move to make if your goal is to keepĀ costs as low as possible. Use what is already available.

Same goes forĀ the Double-D coil design - as is shown in the video. Use the same tooling, perhaps even the exact same coils as the Equinox series?Ā Produce more of them production costs go down or stay the same depending upon demand. Either way it would be a very cost effective approach to take. Especially if "Multi IQ" software is being re-utilized (see below comments). Why re-design a coil platform if it can be used across several detector models?

"Modes of operation"Ā seem to be the same. Video clearlyĀ shows aĀ Park (forests), Fields (farm lands), Beach (surf and sand) and Gold (mountains and streams). All metal and pinpoint modes are a must have regardless of model. Perhaps as a lower cost model, only one sub-menuĀ under each of the modes instead ofĀ two (a simple software modification easily could accomplishĀ this). Otherwise I would notĀ thinkĀ anythingĀ changed mode wise, it works so why mess with it, leave it alone.

Strongly suspect the basic "Multi IQ" software platform is being utilized since its been a huge success for Minelab. However, perhaps with locked multi-frequency operation. No optionĀ to change to a single frequency use. Software tweaked specifically to "Vanquish" the lowerĀ cost, single frequency competitorsĀ models.Ā Due to the expense of software development, use the existing software to limit or provide access to only specific optionsĀ or menus based on the detector model number. Exactly like they did with theĀ Equinox 600 and 800 models as an example of this method being utilized.Ā Ā Ā 

Regardless of what "itĀ is" as far as a new or an updated mode goes, one thing is for sure; their publicity team has once again hit it out of the park.Ā "Give them just enough information to get the hype rollingĀ andĀ let theĀ hype sell the product"Ā  - just look at this thread (as well as others) as an example of how well that method of publicity worksĀ for them, just as it did for the Equinox series announcements.

In a nut shell, I think it will be a lower cost unit. Built upon the Equinox series platform, using the same Multi IQ software. But perhaps with fewer options then the Equinox 600 enabled. Perhaps locked into multi-frequency, withĀ the same four basic modes (park, field, beach, gold).

Think about it for a minute; a low cost, multi-frequency unit, proven performance, (via higher up models)Ā reliable, up-gradable software (a must have these days), priced right where most of the markets single frequency unitsĀ sales typically occurs.Ā Basically,Ā driving the final nail in the coffinsĀ of the single frequency machines on the market today in that cost range.Ā Ā 

I expect to see great things from them in the very near future. I also think their Multi IQ software isĀ  a platform just waiting to be expanded upon (lower and higher frequencies, sub-menus, custom user program abilities, etc.).

Minelab has changed the future of the industry, to say the least.

BenĀ 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 3