Minelab Vanquish, New Detector Soon To Be Released

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

They don't design a detector quarterly though, if they had something in the pipeline near competition you would think they'd be telling the shareholders, after all it does heavily affect the share price, look at the share price before/after every release.

I have heard or seen somewhere that Minelab have got control or something of the new Detectival here . That is where the new machine will be released i bet . 

10 hours ago, Hobo said:

I think it will replace the Go Find    LOL

No. They are using that to get kids into the hobby .

21 hours ago, Nuke em said:

No. They are using that to get kids into the hobby .

LOL.   T I C

32 minutes ago, Hobo said:

LOL.   T I C

Get them while the're young ! 

On 5/29/2019 at 6:30 PM, ChitownDigger said:

The video on their site provides plenty of clues:

Same goes for the Double-D coil design - as is shown in the video. Use the same tooling, perhaps even the exact same coils as the Equinox series? Produce more of them production costs go down or stay the same depending upon demand. Either way it would be a very cost effective approach to take. Especially if "Multi IQ" software is being re-utilized (see below comments). Why re-design a coil platform if it can be used across several detector models?

I think it'll be a new coil.

XU1JNQrqLSk.jpg

On 5/31/2019 at 6:11 AM, phrunt said:

They don't design a detector quarterly though, if they had something in the pipeline near competition you would think they'd be telling the shareholders, after all it does heavily affect the share price, look at the share price before/after every release.

Quite right, knowing what I do about ML in the past, their R&D dept is normally 4+ years ahead in concept/design/prototype phases at any given time. The reason Minelab have 'wrung the necks' of all their competitors (except, amazingly the Turks) is their massive commitment to R&D. Believe me, they can toss out a new detector whenever needed to fill a void, shrinking niche sales or to squash potential competition. Because all the boards, tooling and CAD is already on file, the lead time is fairly short. The SDC 2300 was released in a hurry and wasnt on the yearly horizon due to perceived competition from Garretts ATX. So, thats one particular case in point. Because of the news 'leaked' to the dealers, this might be on the cards again. If nothing tangible was revealed, this extended thread wouldn't exist past the Vanquish release info. But the release date for the new gold prospecting detectors will as always, entirely depend on sales volume of current machines and perceived or actual competition. But....the 4 year cycle is well and truly up for both the 2300 and the 7000. That much IS fact. We wait....and see....

Just like Harley Davidson, Minelab are finding it hard to appeal to a younger market, and their latest offering is still targeting the older consumer judging by the video add. Not all that smart considering that the old farts are falling off the perch or losing interest. How to appeal to youth will be a problem as the youngsters of today are not really into such pastimes.

• Like 3
  • Oh my! 1

They are interested in Eastern Europe and Africa. I think there is a market for a long time yet. But there will be more company folds like Tesoro . 

• Like 1