Minelab Vanquish, New Detector Soon To Be Released

22 hours ago, garikfox said:

I found some more information about Vanquish, doesn't look like it will beat a GPX-4500....

Yeah, it’s been pretty much already established as an entry level detector.  Not even the same universe as any PI detector like the 4500  nor even mid to high end VLFs.  There will be a huge market tho.  ML knows what they are doing from a marketing perspective.

19 hours ago, Lacky said:

I suspect it will be a cheaper simpler version of the equinox.

Not sure it can get much simpler than the 600, but I guess it can get cheaper, but that would be some really borderline build quality.

12 hours ago, Trev (NZ) said:

But what are we going to nickname it. 

The “Meh”. ?

Wake me if it turns out to be something more sophisticated than the Equinox.

Minelab ads are notoriously cheesy. Happily their detectors are not. I guess it could be worse; it could be the other way around.

On 7/18/2019 at 3:32 AM, phrunt said:

They now have a competition to win an Vanquish, but you have to be a social media user to enter, so I'm out

vanquish-giveaway-social-9900000000028a3c.jpg

To celebrate the upcoming launch of our new VANQUISH, we’re giving away a VANQUISH detector!

For your chance to win, you must:

1. Share this image on social media (Facebook, Instagram or both). Download here.

2. Tell us where you would take the VANQUISH first if you won.

3. Tag @MinelabMetalDetectors (Facebook) or @minelabdetecting (Instagram) or @Minelab (Twitter) and use the hashtag #WhereWillYouVANQUISH.

Competition ends Friday, August 16, 5:00pm, 2019. T&Cs apply.

It’s the new world now. If you are not on social media it’s almost like you don’t exist. Or so they would have us believe. I almost got sucked into all that but my introversion triggered three years ago and I have been in full retreat ever since. If I did not feel a responsibility to keep the forum going since I started it I would be completely gone from the Internet. So no Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Youtube for me.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

It’s the new world now. If you are not on social media it’s almost like you don’t exist. Or so they would have us believe. I almost got sucked into all that but my introversion triggered three years ago and I have been in full retreat ever since. If I did not feel a responsibility to keep the forum going since I started it I would be completely gone from the Internet. So no Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Youtube for me.

Steve I feel the same way, social media is were its all now perceived to be at. I have a social media presence but I find it too intrusive, you don’t get time to think about things and constantly feel pressured to check in, write up and add content. If your in business your forced to go the Social Media route because that’s were a lot of your customers are but the dynamics are so fluid it requires constant monitoring which is extremely time consuming. The face most people present to social media is completly different to the real world, therefore the energy they require to keep up appearances means there is never clean dialogue. Social Media is just a data miner that seems cheap for people to access lots of people at once but under the hood I feel it is quite sinister.

JP

• Like 1

I watch lots of YouTube, but have no use for the rest.  I had Facebook (technically still have I suppose) just to keep up with my daughters, but it turned into a huge waste of time, so I just don't log in anymore and have ignored it for a couple years. I like forums.  I can read/follow what interests me and ignore the rest. Of course that means I'm old. I've been on forums since before the rest of it existed. 

• Like 1

Youtube is a useful tool...don't know what I would do without it..Need to find out about something just youtube it. Gotta do your research still as some of youtube is junk.  No use for FB and the others but I can see how they would help business wise..thankfully I've been in business way longer then these social media outlets have been around. 

strick

Youtube is great for knowledge.

Just this week i Youtubed how to fix a leaky toilet. Replaced all the seals on both toilets. $$ saved by not getting a plumber in. Then how to get something stuck out of a zip. (my daughters expensive top stuck in a bag zip ... not my willy, lol) Use it everyday for things relating to repairs of cars, computers, houses.

Then comes Facebook. Mostly couldn't care less what everyone else is doing i mainly use it for knowledge about prospecting. Amazing when your in 100 or so groups and you want to do some research on an area. Ive found spots to go by typing in an area and reading all the comments from within all my groups. There may be a post that starts out talking about one subject but by the time 20 comments are added the conversation turns to a particular spot someone found nuggets. Worth knowing either for places to avoid as its now general knowledge or some place you may want to try. I also do similar research on places within forums.

Instagram I rarely frequent other than for business purposes.  

• Like 3