Sourdough Scott

Minelab Vanquish, New Detector Soon To Be Released

My information was the new detector(s) coming out wouldn't interest me, thus not a higher than equinox detector (excluding the possibility of a new prospecting model).  Mid-range and a gold machine sounds right to me.

• Like 4

I'd still like a Multi IQ gold prospecting machine, with more suitable coils than the Equinox like sold elliptical coils in maybe a 6.5x3.5", 8"x4.5" 10x5". 11x8" and a 14x11" and I'd be happy.  Options for concentrics in some coils would be a bonus too.  Also with 15/20/40/60/70 as it's frequencies, maybe throw in 80khz too seeing it's a wish 🙂

I know they can get away with larger coils as the 11" round on the Nox is brilliant for small gold.

Stick with the VDI numbers, and the notching of target ID's but add on the GM1000's boosted audio.

It even needs a super destruct button that you can press and it blows up any nearby detector within 100 foot range by sending out a sonic blast that the nearby detector picks up and amplifies which in turn blows its speakers or headphones thereby making all other detectors obsolete.

Although I did hear from some guy that heard from another guy that saw on another forum that some guys wife's sisters cousins friend works at Minelab and he said they were going to be making a very similar detector ready for a December release priced at $2109.95, make of it what you will...

• Haha 4

Remember my carefully reasoned prediction of a new tech singlefreaker as the new ML machine? Well, here’s a snipped from Codan’s Investor presentation from March...

”Expanding multi-frequency technology across product range“

Maybe multifreaker after all. 

How’s that for hedging my bets!!

• Like 5

From Codans Management Briefing & Site Tour Presentation. I guess there's more money making machines for the bottom end market than the top. Looks like no zed replacement just yet.

nquish.PNG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Ahhh so it is in between the X-Terra and Nox.  I have noticed X-terra's are on clearance at my local Minelab dealer, he's trying to get rid of the things, plenty of them have been for sale lately on our local auction site too.

See how new product releases have grown the recreational business by 40%, that'll be the Nox, as other than the rehashed Go-Finds there has been no other new releases.

• Like 3

Makes sense to hit the entry-mid range market.  Just look at FirstTexas, I’m sure they sell hundreds of BountyHunters and lower end Teknetics at the big-box stores for every F75 or CZ21 thats sold.  

• Like 1

Many pages back it was referred to as a "recreational" detector.  My suspicion at the time was it would be below the Equinox in price aimed at a wider mass market.  An obvious and smart move on ML's part.

It is a serious answer from Minelab to Simplex ..

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jin said:

From Codans Management Briefing & Site Tour Presentation. I guess there's more money making machines for the bottom end market than the top. Looks like no zed replacement just yet.

nquish.PNG

Very interesting . Well that confirms my belief that the Vanquish is Terra's replacement . 

Interesting also , there are 3 Go Find models , 3? Vanquish models , 2 so far Equinox models . Then what ? Theres the Safari , ET and the CTX . Will there be a 3 tier model for their replacements too ? 

(Also if they are expanding multi freq across the board then maybe the Vanquish will use both 7 and 18.75 khts together ? )

I hope that the second tier model has all the top end does but without added GPS extras . I only need what i need for finding the targets , but it has to be at least as good as the ET on target info .

The top end buyers are too critical and will never be satisfied.  The profit and viability of a company has to be in a mass marketed machine that is 'competent' for the occasional user.  The dealers need a good margin and then the system is happy again.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1