Minelab Vanquish, New Detector Soon To Be Released

Nukem, talk to a dealer who there at the conference. Tell them that you heard about the 3 different machines including a new Pulse gold unit due out this FY. If you know them well enough, you'll tell right away if its true. I've heard it from 2 dealers and confirmed it with a 3rd. The SDC is almost 5 years old and the GPZ is 4 years old in November. They are BOTH due for a replacement this FY. ML upgrades their units in each market niche every 4 years on average.

48 minutes ago, Aureous said:

Nukem, talk to a dealer who there at the conference. Tell them that you heard about the 3 different machines including a new Pulse gold unit due out this FY. If you know them well enough, you'll tell right away if its true. I've heard it from 2 dealers and confirmed it with a 3rd. The SDC is almost 5 years old and the GPZ is 4 years old in November. They are BOTH due for a replacement this FY. ML upgrades their units in each market niche every 4 years on average.

The GPZ is already OVER 4 years old, got mine first week of MarchĀ 2015.

Cheers, Rick

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, araratgold said:

The GPZ is already OVER 4 years old, got mine 21st Feb 2015.

Cheers, Rick

Yes, quite right Rick. The years are a blur when you're oldĀ :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Aureous said:

I have talked to a dealer that was there and when i put it to them all the possibles only when i said about the Vanquish 340 / 440 / 540Ā machines did they say who told people about that ?Ā 

As for other machines . Why would the SDC and GPZ be due ? Only 4 or 5 years old . There is no replacement yet for the CTX and that is 7 years old , the ET is 11 years Safari an updated Quattro is or both them are geriatric as is the Terra .Ā 

I doubt Minelab would do all replacements in one go . If they did it might be a strain on the R&D department doing that every time.Ā Ā 

Anyway we will have to see but i am pretty sure this year is all about relic machines and maybe a few coils and things.

If you have seen that picture of Minelab machines in a line across with the Vanquish sitting between the Terra and the Nox and have the whole picture with the Gold machine underneath then you will see no other machines due . Or it / they would be there .Ā 

The GPZ is too high tech to be replaced right now , i guess the machine will be replaced at the same time as the CTX in a lightweight shell in around 3 years time at the latest . I dont envy anyone having one though , that is a heavy machine . Its like going to the Gym to do weights and having to bench press the Gym LOL.

The SDC is too new too.

• Haha 1

To know what Minelab has in store for the prospector, fossicker, or treasure hunter, you need to know what they are doing in the military scene. If a military detector can be easily modified into a machine that can be promotedĀ for the recreational market (change the color) then that is quite possibly what you will get.

• Like 1

Seems to be true for Gold machines now, maybe but relic machines aren't hardy enough for military use.Ā 

And most of us soft civvies don't like the weight in our old ages LOL.

Throws the Garrett away in disgust lolĀ  Hilarious and cheeky....

• Haha 1

On 5/27/2019 at 11:02 PM, Nuke em said:

Seems to be true for Gold machines now, maybe but relic machines aren't hardy enough for military use.Ā 

And most of us soft civvies don't like the weight in our old ages LOL.

All us Aussies keep a very close eye on Minelab and its practices.... 4 years is about right for all of their High end gold machines to be replaced. The GPX4500 is the biggest selling pulse machine for ML (and maybe the biggest selling ever) but still, the 4 years were up and the GPX5000 was released.....despite the 4500 still selling well. Both theĀ 2300 and 7000 are well overdue..... FY 2019/20 is still 12 months of potential wait-time....but the new 'Uber gold detector'Ā Ā wouldnt have been mentioned to Aussie dealers if it wasnt going to happen.Ā 

Minelab Vanquish added to the Detector Database. I am fudging model numbers because except for the untrustworthy Russian site there has only been mention of one actual detector - the Vanquish. I'll update as new information appears. A new vanquish tag now allows all vanquish threads on all forums to be traced in one go - just click the tag.

• Like 1