Minelab Vanquish, New Detector Soon To Be Released

Yeah, I'm saying if it was an ad for the excalibur it would still be corny but would at least make sense. Having a vanquish stuck in a rock is corny and makes no sense. Hard to imagine why they went with that. Maybe they should have named it Glamdring or Orcrist ?

Looks a bit like an Ace 350. Certainly made for coin rings treasure and relics. Will have Multi IQ (Simultaneous Multi Frequency Technology. That pops up down at the bottom of the screen at the end of the vid.  Didnt see any alluvial gold popping up anywhere.. My guess is it will come in just above the Go Find Series. And priced accordingly. Just got to go find one now sticking out of a rock. And see if I am the "Chosen One" lol.

Cheers Trev

I'll take to the top of a high grassy knoll with a large rock at the peak, obviously 

I think the ads while corny, weird and loopy have done their job in that there's a 21 page thread on what many (I included) think is the preeminent metal detecting forum on the web.

I'll buy it solely if it can work in the salt. I use my 600 for water currently and my 800 for everything else.I am notoriously hard on my equipment and if it's a poor mans equinox but can take a beating I'll add one to my stable of detectors.

• Like 1

Lol, true, but Minelab must want that or they would just release information themselves. 

I don't really care.  I suspect it will be a cheaper simpler version of the equinox. If I was in the $300ish is all I can spend range I would be getting excited maybe. If it is what I'm guessing I might get one for others to try out if they want to come with me. I've thought about getting a 600 for that.  If they came in significantly less and kept it fundamentally the same (vdi ranges, modes, etc) it would make a great loaner.

But what are we going to nickname it. The GPZ became "The Zed" The equinox became  "The Nox"  .  Now "The Quish" just doesn't sound right,     Imagine saying took the Quish out for a search yesterday.    "The Van" don't cut it.  Took the Van out for a search.  Now the meaning of "Vanquish" Is to "defeat completely"  so who or what is it Minelab are out to defeat. Well the opposition springs to mind. Or are they out to defeat "trash" remember in the first Vid when the disguised Garret Ace found a beer bottle top. Or are they out to defeat the buried treasure. By causing it to be found. Remember the stuff flying up out of the ground in the first vid.  So maybe it will become known as "The Defeater" I kinda like that. Anybody else want to join me in a game of "Lets Play Minelab" lol

Cheers Trev