Something New Coming? Minelab Vanquish

Equinox did not replace X-Terra. Minelab continues to produce both. X-Terra is much less expensive.

There are two parallel threads running which I rarely allow but did in this case. See this post by Jin on the other thread. It appears Vanquish is positioned to come in above X-Terra and below Equinox in the lineup. That implies something in the $499 - $649 range.

It’s fine. Some people only ever visit the original core DetectorProspector Forum (the others came later). Eventually it will all move here, but initially there was a lot of speculation on it being a gold detector so discussion there is as valid as that here. It’s best if people learn there are multiple forums here with things happening on all of them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Equinox did not replace X-Terra. Minelab continues to produce both. X-Terra is much less expensive.

There are two parallel threads running which I rarely allow but did in this case. See this post by Jin on the other thread. It appears Vanquish is positioned to come in above X-Terra and below Equinox in the lineup. That implies something in the $499 - $649 range.

The problem with that Steve is that here in the UK a Nox 600 is around £650 and the Nox 800 is £850 or so. The Terra 305 is around £280 Terra 505 around £100 more and the 705 is around £450 . The prices you quote are Terra prices if sold here .

The Terra is 13 or 14 years old and i feel in need of replacement . The pictures on page 3 here show the machines run on 2 of the freqs that the Terra's do and as they have VFlex and IQ i think they might be a replacement for the Terra's . 

Would be very good if they ran on both freqs at the same time with single as optional . But most of all keep the same numbers and tones as the Terra 705 . 

The Vanquish in that case could work in the salt wet though maybe not as deep but would be more versatile on beaches in the case of target ID which i find a bit vague on the Nox . 

Using my Terra i could work the trashy tops with ease and know what i was digging nearly every time but the Nox is impossible with numbers .

The Vanquish could be a better machine !!  Not in every way but in some. 

I will buy one if it is what i am after . I have 2 Nox 800 and will sell 1 to get the Vanquish 540 . 

That would give me almost all round capability for relic hunting with the Vanquish 540 / Equinox 800 and the E.Trac .

Thats depending on if i'm right though.

It doesn't sell like it used too . I always thought it was underrated myself but also poorly made or lacked a good coil and waterproof housing .

The more i think it the more i think it is for the chop when the Vanquish comes. I dont think Minelab has the capacity to make that many different machines and the older ones sales will suffer massively too , so why make them ?  The Sovereign and the Explorer SE were dropped when the CTX came out .

I think the Safari or and the ET might go this or next year too . They have been dropped quite a bit in price here and they dont sell well and some places have stopped selling the ET altogether unless ordered . Not sure if they even bother and just send the customer to another shop ? Dealers usually have to bulk buy for the best deals or they end up with little profit.

3 minutes ago, phrunt said:

My NZ dealer has been offloading his X-terra's over the past few months at discounted prices and not stocking them anymore.  On our local auction sites people have been selling theirs off since the Nox came out  A couple of months ago I could of had a X-Terra 705 dual coil package with a Nel Tornado duel frequency coil for $196 USD.  That's almost the price of the Nel coil alone for me here, I'm kinda kicking myself I didn't buy it. 

I put it down to the Equinox effect as CTX's and E-Tracs have all been for sale on discounts too.

If Minelab was to dump a detector from their line-up I would think it should be the X-terra, and the main reasons are it's long in the tooth and there are many Chinese clones floating around that look EXACTLY the same. 

Minelab have to watch out for Nokta more than any other detector company, the Simplex will without a doubt do damage if they don't combat it as the Go-Finds can't complete with it, Vanquish is likely their answer to Simplex.  The Simplex is waterproof, straight away it's better than a Go-Find, although my daughter dropped my Go-Find in the lake and it stayed working fine so I guess it's waterproof, in a way :laugh:

The better their entry level detectors are the better their sales will be in the higher end machines, they start people in the hobby. Those people eventually upgrade and if they love their entry level machine they'll stick to the same brand. 

I am also betting they sell a lot more entry level machines than high end machines.

Its definitely a Terra replacement , its the same here . Dealers are selling Terra's here at low prices . My local dealer has lots of Go Finds . I think it will look the same as the Nox but with different functions and colour maybe and coil ? 

Its just 3 lower end Nox's i think. But if the 540 works on the salt with 2 or more freqs i will have 1 .

I agree that a replacement line up for the Xterras sounds about right. So having  a selection of three entry level machines between the Go Finds and the Equinox 600 would be perfect. You would hope for multi IQ and waterproof.

The Nox 800 has five frequencies and eight search modes (park 1&2, field 1&2,  beach 1&2 and prospecting 1&2). The Nox 600  has three frequencies and six modes, so you could have easily have machines with just one park, field and beach mode and then another with just park and beach etc.

9 hours ago, Nuke em said:

The problem with that Steve is that here in the UK a Nox 600 is around £650 and the Nox 800 is £850 or so. The Terra 305 is around £280 Terra 505 around £100 more and the 705 is around £450 . The prices you quote are Terra prices if sold here .

I was quoting U.S. prices so simply adjust for other locations/currencies. As far as the rest goes I was just passing on to you what Jin posted. If you think otherwise it's all fine by me! :smile:

16 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I was quoting U.S. prices so simply adjust for other locations/currencies. As far as the rest goes I was just passing on to you what Jin posted. If you think otherwise it's all fine by me! :smile:

I was giving rough prices that we pay too.

• Like 1