Something New Coming? Minelab Vanquish

Nuke em

Over the years I’ve been detecting has been with a single frequency detector. I’ve still got a detector that runs on a single frequency and another that has more than one frequency but only one at a time .

I’ve had a Equinox 800 and found it to be a great detector. Oh yes I sold it to try others . I too sold others that I’d had for a long time just waiting to see what’s next .

On the statement said by you and made by another that a single frequency is obsolete I do believe is true. Not to the point you can’t run in a single frequency but as many as you’d like.

For the price that Minelab offered the 600 and 800 I can’t see anyone settling for less  Remember when you buy less ,less is what you get..

If this new detector from Minelab is less than the 800 then I’ll go get myself another 800 . A friend and myself have been taking turns kicking my butt for ever selling my 800 . I think he’s start liking doing it too much .

I’m waiting like I did with the Nox and If it steps beyond I will have my money down.

Chuck 

PS  Another statement was made on the forum that you can’t do it all with one detector. Well just maybe one day that won’t be true.

3 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

PS  Another statement was made on the forum that you can’t do it all with one detector. Well just maybe one day that won’t be true.

If only.

I have 3 detectors just for sea hunts, each do different things.

At one time I had 2 CTX3030's but that is a different story.

robin

You may not know this but extra detectors is good for holding up wall in your house. That’s what I’ve been telling myself to justify having more than one.

The day one will do it all I’ll still have more than one . They may just stand in the corner and I may never use any but it’s the joy of having them.

The day I can’t hunt anymore I can say “I remember when.”

Chuck 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

Nuke em

Over the years I’ve been detecting has been with a single frequency detector. I’ve still got a detector that runs on a single frequency and another that has more than one frequency but only one at a time .

I’ve had a Equinox 800 and found it to be a great detector. Oh yes I sold it to try others . I too sold others that I’d had for a long time just waiting to see what’s next .

On the statement said by you and made by another that a single frequency is obsolete I do believe is true. Not to the point you can’t run in a single frequency but as many as you’d like.

For the price that Minelab offered the 600 and 800 I can’t see anyone settling for less  Remember when you buy less ,less is what you get..

If this new detector from Minelab is less than the 800 then I’ll go get myself another 800 . A friend and myself have been taking turns kicking my butt for ever selling my 800 . I think he’s start liking doing it too much .

I’m waiting like I did with the Nox and If it steps beyond I will have my money down.

Chuck 

But Minelab isn't looking to cater for people wanting a Nox or that price range. They are looking to cater for people wanting a better than starter machine and rip into the Ace 300/ 400 market I think.

The Terra is old and needs replacement so I still feel that's the Vanquish is that and will be in the £300 to £550 price range . 

If it can mix what the Terra can do and what the Nox can do in the surf well enough , it will eat Garretts for breakfast .

We'll see.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nuke em said:

But Minelab isn't looking to cater for people wanting a Nox or that price range. They are looking to cater for people wanting a better than starter machine and rip into the Ace 300/ 400 market I think.

The Terra is old and needs replacement so I still feel that's the Vanquish is that and will be in the £300 to £550 price range . 

If it can mix what the Terra can do and what the Nox can do in the surf well enough , it will eat Garretts for breakfast .

We'll see.

Richard you are 100% correct in what you say about the Vanquish being brought to the market to compete with and supersede the low end Garrett detectors with two models priced just as you say.

The Vanquish to compete with the lower end detectors is much the same as what Minelab did when bringing out the Equinox to compete against the XP Deus.

There was a recent Europian Minelab distributor meeting in the Netherlands where the Minelab Vanquish was the purpose of the meeting and general discussion and although all attendees were sworn to secrecy it looks like a few are singing like canaries.

• Like 2

Gentlemen 

I really hope you’re wrong but I guess it comes to where the most of the market is .

If I was Minelab I’d take a count of the number of the Equinox did we sell . Then if I Minelab can make it better will they replace their Nox they have now .

Minelab has drop their price of some detectors before making it possible for some who couldn’t afford it before. That was in nugget detectors as we all know. So nothing is stopping them from doing the same here .

I bet everyone on here has a backup detector to their Nox and maybe one to backup the backup. This new low end detector is going to have to be the cats meow for me to buy a backup to the backups .

I still hope you’re wrong but if not I guess I’ll say please pass the humble pie .

Chuck 

Did anyone take note of the locking tap under the red handle like on my ORX below ? It looks as if you can adjust the grip on the shaft that runs under your arm.

You have to be fast to start stop not too over run what I’m talking about on the Vanquish video.

BD06B934-7433-4302-82C0-0F3280DFB8B9.jpeg

10 hours ago, Randy Dee said:

Richard you are 100% correct in what you say about the Vanquish being brought to the market to compete with and supersede the low end Garrett detectors with two models priced just as you say.

The Vanquish to compete with the lower end detectors is much the same as what Minelab did when bringing out the Equinox to compete against the XP Deus.

There was a recent Europian Minelab distributor meeting in the Netherlands where the Minelab Vanquish was the purpose of the meeting and general discussion and although all attendees were sworn to secrecy it looks like a few are singing like canaries.

I have only heard a small amount from 1 source . And sussed other things from other pictures and sites . The price and the fact its set between the Terra and the Nox makes it certain to replace the Terra . Its the same price range and the Terra being 14 years old wont sell . Its like the ET /Safari , they just dont sell now here . I bet they will go shortly . Thats another area that needs looking at and soon. 

I will get 1 if it does what the Terra does but in the salt too . It will take the pressure off the Nox a bit . Hope it has a 1/4 inch socket .

• Like 1

If I wrote ... that minelab Vanquish will be a multi-frequency detector - that's the information that's approved by Minelab :

I quote ....

"Minelab wants to offer its new multi-frequency technology to the widest possible audience...."

• Like 3