Thoughts On The Older Whites Gmt Vs New Vlfs

Hay guys I'm still deciding on what vlf to get again to go with my pis ..I've had monster 1000 (love it) found alot of small gold and stupidly small to the point it was almost anoying ... and had the nox 800 tho the nox was more of my all rounder its gold capabilities were on par with the monster and both out did my gold bug 2 on small gold by alot .. but my gold bug 2 ran smother on the ground than both the others ..so theres trade offs ... but heres my question what are the older gmts like I'm guessing simalar to the gb2  with not quite the sensitivity to super small stuff like modern vlfs ... but I like its features the ground scan trigger analyze etc ... now I know people will say what about the new 24k and it is on my list and I'm very tempted if anything just to put it head to head with my friends gm1000 and make a video for people but I'm weary because it's been out for 5 months now and not one video on you tube other than dealers or a couple coin hunting and that worrys me abit ... ... but I'm interested to hear people experianced with the gmt like depth on low to mild ground how small it will go etc and how smooth... I'll say one thing for whites they have good ideas I have the tdi sl pi machine and yes it lacks omph compared to my modded gpx4500 but the fact you can put it in low conductivity mode and use the pulse delay and ground balance to tune out nails nd trash etc and only pick up ya gold and lead or low conductors for a pi that's awsome and makes hunting trash areas doable with a pi 

• Like 1

I dont personally use any of the dedicated gold machines be it VLF or PI,so as such i cannot comment about your questions,here in the UK as such we dont have gold nuggets,so this is the main reason why i am not clued up as most of the other folks on this forum.

But what i do have and use and totally agree with you is the TDI Prothat is a superb machine and use it exactly the same as yourself ie low conductivity and by fine tuning the settings for the most part i can just dig my desired targets ie silver hammered and gold coins as those are the main targets that i am after and it does a surprisingly good job of knocking small iron and nails etc its that good but wont miss a decent targets.Most of my coils are GPX ones which of course work a treat on the TDI Pro,although i have 8 coils for the TDI my main 3 are the 10x5 folded mono,Coiltek 14x9 Mono my favourite and the bloody humongous 20'' Jimmy Sierra mono for maximum depth.

Also have a GPX4500 coming as well,but if i am honest i think the TDI will still be the No1 use machine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RickUK said:

I dont personally use any of the dedicated gold machines be it VLF or PI,so as such i cannot comment about your questions,here in the UK as such we dont have gold nuggets,so this is the main reason why i am not clued up as most of the other folks on this forum.

But what i do have and use and totally agree with you is the TDI Prothat is a superb machine and use it exactly the same as yourself ie low conductivity and by fine tuning the settings for the most part i can just dig my desired targets ie silver hammered and gold coins as those are the main targets that i am after and it does a surprisingly good job of knocking small iron and nails etc its that good but wont miss a decent targets.Most of my coils are GPX ones which of course work a treat on the TDI Pro,although i have 8 coils for the TDI my main 3 are the 10x5 folded mono,Coiltek 14x9 Mono my favourite and the bloody humongous 20'' Jimmy Sierra mono for maximum depth.

Also have a GPX4500 coming as well,but if i am honest i think the TDI will still be the No1 use machine.

Yea agree tbo the gpx  will have it all over the tdi on depth just wish minelab had simalar abilities on there machines I love that the tdi can basickly discriminate like a vlf ... but here i mainly hint nuggets with a side of relic coin ?