Taking The Plunge, Spending Our Summer Downunder

14 minutes ago, Norvic said:

I don`t know the go with lingos, I can understand Paul`s written word but be buggered if I can understand his spoken word, and it isn`t only about deafness.

Not to worry Condor, we`ll learn ya OZ.

I'll just nod my head and use the slack jawed vacant stare.  I find it discourages pointless conversations on such things as politics, religion and my (fill in brand) coil/detector is better than yours. 

• Like 1

Steve, I am so envious of you guys right now but all the best down under and can't wait to here some good tall tails in Yuma next winter.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Condor said:

I hate to distract us from the spirited discussion of ZED aftermarket coils and new gold detectors, but I've been working on a plan to spend a few months downunder detecting WA.  I sold some gold to finance the operation and convinced my Baja detecting partner we need to get us some Aussie gold.  Just so you know I'm not a idiot and going off half cocked here, I purchased the premium edition of Nurse Paul's primer "Yank's guide to plundering Aussie Gold".  Some very helpful information..."when handling sharp digging tools, always wear flip flops".  Or the timeless, "When drinking a few cold ones with the locals, the acceptable ratio is 3 to 1.  Buy 1, drink 3, it makes them feel superior."  What could possible go wrong with that kind of wisdom at my disposal?  Yeah I know, $16,000 worth of detectors got stolen while he slept on watch, but that could have happened to anyone.  He's matured alot since then.

Seriously though, we leave May 19 and don't expect to return until my 90 day visa expires.  Paul has in fact helped me get a handle on the geography, Ute selection and basic gear requirements.  We'll be boondocking it, living on road kill and brown snakes with a case of Vegimite for emergencies.   I've already purchased one of the new X-coils 17" for the Zed which will be waiting for me when I arrive.  I had a sacrificial coil cable for the jumper connection since I destroyed the original 14" stock coil, long story, but apparently you're not supposed to drag that coil behind the Rokon at cruising speed down desert dirt roads for a couple miles.  Who knew they were so fragile?  Wore right through the plastic housing and exposed the copper windings, bummer.  But, I've got me a $900.00 Minelab chipped coil cable so the glass is half full.

Nevertheless, an adventure is at hand.  I'll post updates and photos as opportunities present. 

You may wanna update you rvernacular to the local terrms...we will work on that---cost ya a carton!

I was dead tired that night the thieves from the bordertown slipped in and snuck of with my truck and all your gear.... must have been Indians they were so quiet....

OH YEAH, JUST ONE LAST THING---You know the plane ticket i got for your final destination from Perth....well it may be a little hije from where we are.... but its only about 850k from Port Hedland down to Meeka---- and just hop a road train mate,,,no worries. 

7 hours ago, Trent King said:

Don’t worry Condor we will look after you, I have already set up a bar tab for you, you currently owe 3 cartons.

Paul almost done a similar trick to his zed , first 5 minutes of meeting him he pulled his zed out and stuck it on the roof of the car with 1 rotten old strap holding it ?

Swapped an ounce of gold for your prospecting vehicle today, when I transferred the registration they asked if we were taking it interstate, I just laughed ‘she wouldn’t make it that far’ so I got a discount and added another carton to your bill ??

I love it---cartons and tabs all  set up---- this will be the best season ever!!?

By the way Trent---- I had already told Condor 2 ounces for the Bush Basher... let me work this side of the pond--- you keep setting up tabs around town...lol

And that was a good strap i had the ZED tied down with--- even Eric raised his eyebrows when he saw my inginuity. I remember plainly him turning his head and saying, "What could go wrong there???

37 minutes ago, Condor said:

I'll just nod my head and use the slack jawed vacant stare.  I find it discourages pointless conversations on such things as politics, religion and my (fill in brand) coil/detector is better than yours. 

Couldn't leave it alone could ya??? Had to poke the nest one more time......hahahahahaha

Just step away from the ditch man---- step away..... turn quietly around with your hands up.....and then start running and screaming back to your truck and then keep going until you are safely back in Yuma where you can make your travel plans,,,,,,lol

• Like 1