8 Today With My Fors Gold

Went yesterday up to an old mining pit that has been worked to death by people in the past...I also had been there with my GB2 and had a rough time cause the ground was so hot.I also hit the same area with an AT GOLD and had no luck ...well yesterday with my Nokta that wasn't the case....got 8 Lil nuggies...I'm loving the ease of this machine ...i ran this machine in BST mode ..sensitivity on 83 and the I.D. masking ste on 5...I got a lot of ground noise but the target signals were very clear...even the real low target signal was low but clear of it hitting a target...one piece is .7grain and was about 3" deep... every hr I hunt with this machine I learn something new about it and its potential as being an awesome machine for any beginner as well as the experienced hunters...

post-552-0-32133000-1432738148_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Hi Nugget65

Great looking gold you found. You and others are proving that Fors Gold is more than just the name in finding gold. Here we are with a detector from another country that's a hit when we get our hands on it. I wonder how many more is out there waiting to be discovered and like the Fors Gold at a great price.

Thanks for the post.

Chuck Anders

Hey Steve H.

Have you had your hands on any of the Go Find detectors? I always like reading on what you have to say on a detector. I know what's said be it good are bad I know it's true. Thanks for your time you take on doing it.

Chuck

• Like 1

Chuck, I put you question and answer at http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/984-first-hunt-with-minelab-gofind-60/

Good going with the FORS Gold. Lowering the id mask will make the unit hotter but will bring back more ground noise. Personally, I would not do it in high mineral ground unless you try it at 10 on found targets and feel the lower settings are really worth the extra noise. The stock mask setting should still get the gold but will run quieter. But it is there to use and adjust so do what works best for you. Leaving a control like that always at stock levels is a mistake - why have the control at all if that were the case?

Results speak for themselves!

• Like 1

Ya know Steve its this forum with ur advice and the advice I received from californiagold that I owe me progressing so fast with this machine and be able to find gold with it...I'm a no brainer type of guy and I like things simple...this machine is exactly it.....thnx

• Like 2

Nugget65

What size coil do you have on the Fors Gold ? Whatever it is it must be singing loud and clear to you by the gold you've found.

Chuck Anders

• Like 1

Ridge Runner I'm using the 5.2" coil and it seems to work better than the 11.2" on small gold..

Bottom line on this machine is I'm a newbie to metal detecting and and honestly only know the basics about hunting gold by this method and I'm finding gold with a machine that I have owned less than 2 weeks....that's the impressive part...that's all I can say about it...