Macro Racer 2 Died

I bought the Macro racer2 in Janurary 2018.  Went on holidays in Oregon and detected on the beach all goo. Found a deep coin target and layed the detector down and started digging. The tied was coming in and a sneaker wave went over the detector. I dried everything out and the detector worked ok. I never used it all summer and fall. In December I charged the batteries and the detector worked fine. It turned on and went through the startup.  In January 2019 it would not turn on at all no light on display panel or beeps. Totally dead.  I opened up the rear case and there is power at the back of the battery pack. Then wires disappear into the circuit boards. I have no idea what is going on from there.  With the volt meter I have no power at the back rotary switch when turned on, no matter what combination of positive and negative  on the contacts. Any ideas as to what could be wrong???

Yeah, it does at a guess sound like the dip in saltwater caught up with you. Even long term use on beaches but not in the water can be detrimental due to salt spray in the air. We are just guessing though.

Nokta/Makro was in the midst of setting up a new and better service center and I am not sure where they are in that process. That was back in February so they should be dialed in by now?

NOKTA MAKRO SERVICE CENTER
Email: service@noktamakrorepairs.com
Tel: 706-619-2601
Address: 7579 Nashville Street 
Ringgold, GA 30736

• Like 1

Dang man that's a bummer. Sounds like u could use a Anfibio.