39 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

I stopped digging the high conductors because most were pennies and I promised myself I was going to look for just low gold sounds.

You're skipping larger silver jewelry as well, but I understand the tradeoffs when you're after gold.  Interestingly I almost missed a silver ring a couple weeks back because the TID on my Equinox was too high -- 35-36!  I get (large, deep) iron signals in the 38-39 range sometimes and was initially thinking I was experiencing something similar.  But after a fraction of a second of thought, I wasn't going to ignore a signal like that, if nothing else just to appease my curiosity.  And my curiosity was rewarded.  ?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

You're skipping larger silver jewelry as well, but I understand the tradeoffs when you're after gold.  Interestingly I almost missed a silver ring a couple weeks back because the TID on my Equinox was too high -- 35-36!  I get (large, deep) iron signals in the 38-39 range sometimes and was initially thinking I was experiencing something similar.  But after a fraction of a second of thought, I wasn't going to ignore a signal like that, if nothing else just to appease my curiosity.  And my curiosity was rewarded.  ?

I usually dig everything, but after a while I get tired of digging through rocks for copper pennies. For some reason at this location, the copper pennies jump to the 30 - 35 range mimicking quarters and halves. Must be a combination of high salt content, black sand and the rocky environment.