I had another great day hunting for WW2 relics today. I went back to where I had done pretty good last week and wasn't disappointed. I didn't find any silver coins today, just 3 wheats, but, I did manage to unearth some rather cool finds. The large round item with the eagle on it is sterling silver along with the medallion and the 1st lieutenant bar. Also found the usual eagle and collar buttons along with some other relics. I haven't had a chance to see if I can track down the family yet, I'll start looking later tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for looking.

Settings:

Nox 800

Recovery 6

Iron Bias 0

Ground balance 0

2 Tones

Sens 18

Tone Break -9 to +17

No Disc, only using tones to disc.

6" coil

cs3.jpg

cs4.jpg

cs2.jpg

• Like 8

Now your hitting close to home ,100 miles or so if that's the guy i read about.  Wonder why Firestone made those, will check it out.  Looks lie Firestone gave them to employee's heading to war. Cant make out the star  except for sept. 17.

• Thanks 1

EXCELLENT, Dan!  LOVE the digs!

Steve

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Sting Ray
      I have recently been using my Equinox 800 for saltwater hunting.  The obvious settings, Beach 2,  Iron off.  Since I am forced to a slower swing, I drop recovery speed to about 2-3 (4-5 on beach).   
      I am forced to drop the sensitivity to 15 or below.   I have noticed the waves will cause signals and dips in the sand too.   This has become frustrating as I use a CTX-3030 and do not get nearly the false signals.   Any suggestions to try?

• By GKman
      Hi Folks
      I have been busy making quite a few finds recently. After more than a year with the Equinox, it continues to impress me with it's capabilities.
      Some of my recent finds include some early 1630's Kettle Points and Turtle Effigy, Spanish Silver, KG's and more. I even have had it scuba diving. Unfortunately I wasn't impressed with the volume with the Grey Ghost headphones. I have a new pair of Tony Eisenhower headphones ready to try out with the hopes that the volume is better. We shall see.
      HH Everyone...

• By ColonelDan
      In a previous post of mine, I made the case for using 3 tones based on Low, Medium and High conductive targets; a system I routinely use in hunting our Florida beaches.  It's simple, effective and gives me the information I really need.
      The videos below however, make a strong case for 2 tones and the "Dig it All" approach when using the Equinox series detectors.   Why?  As you'll see in those videos, the tested targets span the VDI spectrum based on metallurgical composition, shape and size. Granted, these are nothing more than air tests which aren't affected by depth, moisture or ground mineralization but they at least provide some indication as to how a variety of targets range the VDI scale based on their individual characteristics.
      If using 2 tones, I would personally set the tone breaks at -9 to 0 using tone pitch 1 indicating probable junk and the second tone break at 1 thru 40 using tone pitch 25.
      If I were interested only in a more detailed target description, I would lean heavily toward the CTX 3030.  However, in the type of beach hunting I do, I favor the Multi IQ, faster processor, enhanced sensitivity and weight of the EQX over the CTX...just my personal preference or as I always say, "Just the view from my foxhole."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsgspduZA_8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7345qtsc7s&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMHH5ynSwW0&feature=youtu.be
    • By Rosemary
      Need help. My equinox 600 doesn't change discrimination patterns when I switch detect modes. I am always in all metal mode. My boyfriend has the same machine and his changes with each mode...he doesn't know why mine does not. I can't figure it out...help please.
    • By sdbirder
      I was having a relatively slow morning detecting at La Jolla Shores Beach in San Diego today, about $1 in clad and a euro coin when a young woman came up asking for help finding a ring. She was frantic and her husband was second guessing, saying it must be at home and asking when was the last time she saw it? She kept insisting it was here right here, next to the seawall. With just a couple swipes of my Equinox 800/15" coil I had it in the scoop. She was ecstatic and gave me a big hug. I've always dreamt of finding a big expensive engagement ring whilst detecting. I've gotten a few gold bands but nothing like this! I obviously didn't get to keep it, but it seemed to bring some good karma to the day and I found two large silver rings shortly afterward. She insisted on getting my info and address so I might be getting a reward or thank you letter later. Here's a couple pics of the expensive ring, the happy owner and the two silvers I got afterward.