Have I Got It Right?

Guest AussieDigs

Guest AussieDigs

Hi Gals n Guys,

First decent go with the Bug Pro fake today!

Alot of trash. Bullet shell, lead, pot handle, square nails and plenty of tin.

I ground balance to start with then from that point i keep an eye on it. Now, i run in all metal, gain at around 10-11 oclock, threshold only just buzzing.

Mild steel trash can read around the 15-20 mark or around the 85-90 mark. I dig everything ATM to get a feel for it.

If i was to detect gold, what would it read? With a really strong signal i switch over to discrimination to tey and ID.

Have i got it right?

Thanks guys.

Al.

3BBEB63C-07B0-4713-81B8-F1F70AFCF222.jpeg

236BDCA1-746E-43EE-A390-388DBFE1E27D.jpeg

54BCBBD6-CB0B-4504-B1B8-DE844B813A11.jpeg

4261293F-BA45-4A80-B22C-DE5F5AEB2EDC.jpeg

I've never used a Gold Bug so can't help with your questions but what does this mean? 

3 hours ago, AussieDigs said:

First decent go with the Bug Pro fake today!

Is it really a fake?  Or is that a typo?  

The things that you found sound pretty much right for our area ?    Lots of crap targets between the yellow unfortunately. 

Guest AussieDigs

Yeah it is mate. Bought off Ebay. Fully refunded but still have the detector.

I didnt mind finding the junk today as it helped with the learning curve.

Tomorrow is another day! ?

11 minutes ago, AussieDigs said:

Bought off Ebay. Fully refunded but still have the detector.

Wow, that’s weird. Free ‘tector ?

However, maybe the numbers and stuff aren’t going to correspond with what others get on their real units?  

Start digging up your backyard too.  Good practice on tones, ferrous/non ferrous and pinpointing.  Bound to be a few coins in there.  

I am time poor but have an Equinox and a QED that I could show you at some stage.  It will be a long and arduous trip that will require great planning and expense (I’m about 15 minutes away ? ). 

Gold reads wherever it wants depending on size, shape, purity, orientation in ground, ground mineralization, proximity to trash, etc. All non-ferrous signals should be dug and if “on the gold” dig everything. Most nugget detectors made over the years lack a target id system for a reason. That’s not to say target id can’t be useful while nugget detecting, but do not fall into the trap of thinking there are “gold numbers”.

On the Gold Bug Pro target id 40 and higher is non-ferrous but gold can reach into the ferrous number range. The most common target numbers for gold on the Gold Bug Pro will be in the 35 to 60 range with large nuggets reading even higher.

Gold Bug Pro Operating Tips

Some Gold Nugget Target ID Numbers

Guest AussieDigs

Northeast, as much as being a fake, from my extremely limited experience, the detector seems to be doing everything it should do. There wasnt alot of trash really. The area gives that indication.

I have been chatting to Reg Wilson about the QED so hopefully in the future i will own one of these. In the meantime i have a lead on on the Nokta Fors Core for $450 when the seller receives his Nox back from being repaired.

Thanks Steve, that makes it all so much clearer.

Thanks Phrunt, great to get some confirmation on what i was seeing.

Guest AussieDigs

Thanks Simon,

Firstly, i havent bought a detector yet! ? At this stage im struggling to treat the Gold Bug Dud as a serious detector.

what I have been wanting was a decent VLF and a PI. I dont need any more. Yeah i could be wrong but reading reviews and considering the ‘Core’ was basically the same as the ‘Gold’, I considered this a worthy detector for my needs.

I dunno mate, maybe i have it wrong! Let me know.