Nokta Simplex Going To Be Released....?

Has there been anymore information on when/IF the Simplex will be released?

Seems like it would be a decent detector to throw in the vehicle for flash hunts, or lunch hour detecting. Looks interesting, and seemed to be priced right to sell. Wonder what the holdup is on getting it released?

There is nothing new that I am aware of and I do check regularly. I have seen nothing to indicate there are any holdups or delays.

Edit: Rumored release now is October 2019.

The problem with letting people know a detector is in the works is the assumption there is a certain number of days that can go by before it is “delayed”. However, if there is not an announced delivery date there can’t be a delay or a holdup. Work simply progresses until the detector is ready to release. And so far there is no word that it is ready to release.

Nokta/Makro Simplex Data & Reviews

nokta-makro-simplex-lcd-display-controls
Nokta/Makro Simplex LCD display and controls

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2019 at 7:28 PM, Voyager32 said:

I was told by Nokta that it would be released with the stock coil and one more coil will be available sometime, didn’t say what size or kind, was hoping there would be more selection.

In an interview a while back Dilek said that going forward their new machines would use the existing coil connector and be interchangeable.  Assuming that would mean the Simplex would be compatible with Kruzer/Anfib coils. 

Im just curious if the new machine will have a useable volume with their waterproof headphones.   The Kruzer is almost unusable with the w/p headphones unless it’s dead calm. From all reports the Anfib isn’t any better.  Just hoping they use a more powerful op-amp in the future. 

On 5/21/2019 at 7:06 AM, Noah (FL) said:

In an interview a while back Dilek said that going forward their new machines would use the existing coil connector and be interchangeable.  Assuming that would mean the Simplex would be compatible with Kruzer/Anfib coils. 

Im just curious if the new machine will have a useable volume with their waterproof headphones.   The Kruzer is almost unusable with the w/p headphones unless it’s dead calm. From all reports the Anfib isn’t any better.  Just hoping they use a more powerful op-amp in the future. 

I was told by Nokta that the Simplex will NOT be able to use the Kruzer/Anfibio coils. I hope the volume is adequate, I’m going to try to get an adapter cable so I can use my Tony Eisenhower headphones that I use with my Equinox.

2 hours ago, Voyager32 said:

I was told by Nokta that the Simplex will NOT be able to use the Kruzer/Anfibio coils. I hope the volume is adequate, I’m going to try to get an adapter cable so I can use my Tony Eisenhower headphones that I use with my Equinox.

That’s a bummer about the coils.  

Volume is great with the wireless headphones, but I’ve tried the Makro and LSPelso water proof  headphones and with the volume maxed they are both on the quiet side. OK when its calm out but add some wind and chop on the lake and its hard to hear much.  2-tone is the easiest to use with the tone set about midway. Seems to be the loudest option. Both multi tone modes seem much quieter. 

• 4 weeks later...

I sold my ATpro in March hoping the Simplex would be released by now.  I really just need something that beeps and is waterproof.  It looks like this machine will do tons more that the ATpro at a throw around price point.  I hope it comes out soon.  I already missed one water hunt for a lost ring...

• The title was changed to Nokta Simplex Going To Be Released....?