A Question About GPZ Audio Response

6 minutes ago, Andyy said:

Getting back to your original question ... in Normal Mode (with HY or General), I disagree with the above statement for the GPZ.  I consider myself an expert in the small gold arena .. LOL.  Never ... never.... never... has any of my small gold registered low/high in the above settings.

When it wavers, I know it is wire, like Jason said.  But I dig it.

When it goes low high, I know it is a cold rock or a iron.  But I dig it.

Note that I said "I know" but I still follow by "I dig it".  Because, I found a big piece of gold that was hiding under a larger cold/hot rock.  So I remind myself of that find any time I come across that sound that "I know" is iron or a hot rock.

Andyy

Thats right Andy!  I have some holes where I will dig a few pieces of lead out before getting to the gold underneath it all.

• Like 1

Yeah I don't agree with the MineLab statement either. I have heard a sound that almost always is gold, it's not waivery, but it has a sort of gurgle sound. If I hear a low-high signal that doesn't correspond with what I've been hearing that particular detecting session, I dig it. I pretty much dig anything I am not sure of if it's not outrageously out-of-bounds. It's a little OCD but there have been times when, to my shock, despite my misgivings about the signal, it's gold.  I suppose the effect that intuition plays in detecting is a whole other thread. But I think it has a place.

• Like 1