Beechworth Today

Guest AussieDigs

6 hours ago, Northeast said:

So, offline we have established that it is the same spot. 

People who have used a GB Pro - would these type of bits of gold get picked up by it?  Rough, quartz speccies mainly. 

90C448C0-5FF6-4E29-BD69-8952D02A144D.thumb.jpeg.22a78aec2e93697c9c5559305ed85e8a.jpeg17E83867-8B94-4758-9809-10642B07EB21.thumb.jpeg.a10f5a92b4ce5b8099ffa213509c8543.jpeg

In my opinion only, the bits Northeast is showing are enough they should register on nearly every detector and perhaps all detectors out there -- as long as the bits are at or very near the surface.. These bits are meaty enough it shouldn't be a matter of kHz but rather a matter of overburden.. It wouldn't take very much covering of even milder ground for the lowest kHz machines to begin not being able to see the bits.. It shouldn't be a problem for every detector mentioned thusfar to hit on these bits, relative to depth and type of ground of course..

Swamp

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AussieDigs said:

Now this is something that really peeves me. People littering. The amount of rubbish around is disgusting.

Man, That's still  pristine! Come to California and you will see trash... like a meth lab setup there or some backwoods "gardeners" camped out all summer!

Guest AussieDigs

Simon, i ran the gain at about 10-11 oclock. 12 oclock got a little noisy. Maybe thats where i should be but im trying not to be too eager with the settings. Thresh at just a buz. Keeping an eye on the ground balance.

Guest AussieDigs

Tiny lead weight at 6”. One vid with the gain at 10 oclock, the other at 12 oclock.

DA9E89FE-0B59-4D68-92BC-05917A8F6C0F.jpeg

Guest AussieDigs

Phrunt, its quiet in the air but way too noisy over ground. Around 10-11 oclock is where it behaves mostly.